1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to Me) Bike, Unusual Sound After Riding.

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by JammyDuc, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Hi all,

New to bike ownership. Recently picked up a fairly new SuperSport and have loved every second of riding it. However, when pulling up after a ride, there seems to be an unusual sound coming from somewhere on the machine. Will use stethoscope to listen more specifically later, but incase anyone has an idea, when turned off there is the usual 'tinkering' sounds of a warm engine cooling, however in addition, there seems to be what I can only describe as a meowing/whirring sound coming from somewhere. Its intermittent and changes in frequency but not pitch. At first was looking for a cat in the bush nearby, then looking for one in the bike!! Its one of the strangest things I've ever come across.

Long version: Round trip to Mugello for the GP, sports tourer fit for purpose.

Cheers

2. Thread moved

3. Try opening fuel cap, see if sound dissappears. Just a guess.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Will give that a bash! Thanks for your reply. Coincidentally, it has been appeared a little less loud since having refuelled. Still not exactly what you'd think is normal if walking passed a stationary bike, people I've asked thought this was an April fools hoax but it really is that strange!

5. My 916 makes a wee noise. The fuel pump pressurises the tank, thus when you switch off the pressure dissipates, usually via a breather. Hence a wee noise appears now and again. Might be that. If its very raspy, the breather pipe might have a kink in it. (cue Ray Davies jokes...)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. My 1198 whistles from tank pressure after a ride............. It's like having Roger Fucking Whittaker in the garage :scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information