1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT New Top Box Mount For The Original Ducati Top Box ( 2016 Ms)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Warnie, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Hi guys,

I'm interested in a 2016 1200 s DVT but the add says that the top box mount has broken so it needs a new one?

Any ideas on where I can get one and a rough idea of cost?

Thanks

Wayne

2. What do they mean by the 'Mount'?

I suspect you would have to get it from Ducati as Givi were not allowed to sell their own, even though they made the Ducati one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you are expecting to take pillions, be wary that the topbox position may be quite forward, so if you are having to replace it, maybe look at an alternative that can be moved back? Also, the pillion pegs are too far back for the std panniers, they can be replaced with cheap aftermarket pegs with an adjustable offset to move them forward 20-40mm. YMMV. Small details but worth getting right on such an awesome machine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The standard mount is essentially a Givi Monokey, so price up a Givi Monokey for a Multistrada and job should be a good un.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mo...QebpSgq3JswI7691xJ-ERXDN5dbL0F3xoC_oUQAvD_BwE

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks guys, really appreciated. Unfortunately the bike fell through as it was due a desmo/belt service.

Sold my Triumph yesterday, so for the 1st time in my riding life, I am without a bike :(

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Have to be a Ducati one then. Does the SW Motech one handle monokey?

7. Yes you get the Alu Rack
    gpt_22_584_15000_b_1_xl.6500.jpg

Then you can buy the adaptor plates for about £30 to take Givi monolock or monokey
    I have them for my 17 DVT

• Like Like x 1
  8. Be careful how much weight you carry with that way of fixing, a few on here have found the grab rail will break.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I know, they are not large boxes, don't like having weight up high.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information