1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'new' Top Gear - The Verdict

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bigredduke, May 29, 2016.

1. Wife gave it 2/10. I lost interest. Seems like they were trying too hard. Too similar to the previous formula & failed miserably IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Yes, it was worse than I imagined it would be even :Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. On a par with the rest of the crap on terrestrial TV tonight then. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Never thought I'd say this..............I miss Jeremy Clarkson :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Turned over to watch a yeti thing, whcih I knew would end with no evidence and be a waste of 55 minutes. But it was more interesting

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yes it wasnt very good.... but give it time and it'll become ok!:coldsweat:

7. Honestly, I seen about 2 seconds of Mr Evans and switched over to a programme about the sphinx which might originally been a lion.

8. Trying way too hard

But still better than most other shite on tv

• Like Like x 1
  9. I didn't think it could be any worse than it used to be but I was very, very wrong

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. I must be getting old.

Firstly, its illegal to travel on the back of a recovery truck like that, never mind le blancs driving in traffic dodgyness. Secondly, its twats like that that have led to the groundswell that has closed green lanes off to users, as they irresponsibly tear up a beautiful part of the country

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. I found it rather entertaining. le Blanc was rather funny. Evans is his usual annoying self, but if you are a radio 2 listener then it's not an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'm not and it is :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I just didn't like that Evans presenting style is shouting. That got on my nerves but otherwise it was decent enough

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Oh dear :(

They had one chance, and just blew it in style.

What were they thinking trying to make a carbon copy with the new crew? I thought they would make a whole new thing and they copied it in detail! Just horrendous. Cringeworthy.

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. They had an opportunity to reinvent Top Gear, and what did they do, they made a pale copy of what had gone before, which in itself was way past it's sell by date.

• Agree Agree x 9
  16. That's the first and only 'fairly' positive review I've read so far tonight

Everybody else is absolutely slating it, especially the Chris Evans performance

Personally I never expected much, but when they hired that ginger annoyance it was never going to prove me wrong.

TG TV episode 1: your post-show discussion | Top Gear

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I think that the BBC thought that because the old Top Gear worked so well all they needed to do was change the presenters and it would work. They were wrong. Without the wit of Clarkson and the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May the show isn't the same.

It will probably end up with about half the viewers that the old Top Gear used to get, which is still not bad for BBC2. Whether that is enough to justify the presenters salaries will probably depend upon how many other countries keep buying it after this season. I give it two, maybe three seasons before it is cancelled.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dullest episode ever...
    20 minutes of television crammed into an hour.
    And the, obviously, speeded up film - Viper and land Rover - didn't do them any favours either.
    The most entertaining person on the show was Gordon Ramsey. Maybe the BBC should have employed HIM as the presenter?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I haven't seen it yet! Was at ROC (race of champions) in November where they were filming an episode with Daniel Ricciardo and Coulthard. Met Coulthard (he's a nice guy) evens turned up in some sort of green sports car thingy! With all the negative reviews, including the daily mail, I'm thinking I'm not missing much

20. Pretty much the same as ever with different voices. They had all the ingredients I was tired of with the old one. Still needs more cars and less pretend dicking about.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information