1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tuono 660 - V41100 Update To Follow??

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Poucher, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Just been looking at the new Tuono 660 on the Aprilia website

https://www.aprilia.com/gb_EN/aprilia-tuono-660/

I
    like the look of what they have done to it and I hope they update the V4 1100 soon and give it some of the same features, like the new colour tft dash and switchgear, the double layer fairing, the underbelly exhaust system, led headlights/daytime running lights etc

It’s been the only thing stopping me buying a V4 1100 because I’m sure and updated 1100 will be coming along shortly, so I’ll hang fire a bit.

The only thing I’ve noticed about the 660 is that it looks like a toy with this test rider on it, unless he’s the size of Gandalf !!

E0505DF9-579B-4A2B-8454-1370434F1E33.jpeg

What’s the thoughts on the 660 and when do you think we’ll see an updated V4 1100 Tuono??

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Totally agree, I,m in the same boat.
    Unfortunately it,s a waiting game, just hope its sooner than later.
    I,ll be ready to pounce if Aprilia gets this right:cool:

3. I think I'm the only person left cold by the 660... I can't get past its buck-toothed face...

upload_2021-1-8_15-26-12.png

upload_2021-1-8_15-27-43.png

Plus... read the Asphalt & Rubber review of it, specifically the section called A Caveat. Jensen has a podcast called Brap Talk and in the episode where they discussed the 660 he mentioned that lots of other journalists on the same launch obeyed Aprilia's ask to not mention the electric / electronic maladies. I'm sure that they will work it out, but for me I would be waiting to make sure that this product finishes it's development process and that the kinks get ironed out fully.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I’m quite happy with the looks of it, but judging from the picture above of the guy riding it, seems to me it’s only about 60% scale to what it should be,...looks absolutely tiny!

5. Less weight is the cheapest way to go faster and improve the performance range!

6. Mind you, that V41100 must be an absolute beast.

7. That does look tiny unless that rider is Shrek.

8. Looks good. Looking forward to trying a RS660 and this tuono when the weather perks up. I'm child size and 68kg, so perfect, less is more. Maybe bye bye to my 765RS?

9. Is it just me... looks like they put high bars on a sports bike. Headlight is 6 inches too low.

10. Nailed it !
    Seems to be a trend these days of dropping the headlights down to the bottom yokes, don’t know why cos it looks totally stupid and I think that’s what’s making this bike look tiny?

Noticed the same problem on Ducati V4 Streetfighter and also on the spy shots of the up and coming new 1160 speed triple, ..why ffs??? They all look like they need pulling up about 6 inches?

11. If they put them 6" higher it would look right plus you would get some wind protection

Do Not Sell My Personal Information