1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New User, Possible Bmw To Ducati Convert

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rams66, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Hi all. I have an R1200GSA that I now fancy changing. Interested to get views on the Multistrada 950(s).
    Reviews seem positive. I commuted on the GS but travel will now be for fun including 2 up touring. The 950 being a bit smaller and seemingly more agile is very appealing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have a 1200 GS, a Monster 1200 and owned multi 1200. If you were going 1 up, then imo the 950 would be ok. But I think two up with luggage you will miss the cubes and torque. You will not miss the GS weight though.

3. Welcome. Go 1200 multi: do everything bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I don’t think the 950 is physically any smaller, so go for the 1200 or 1260 for 2 up touring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome and enjoy! Think "cc".

6. Welcome to the forum:upyeah: this's not a S model but hope this Youtube helps you decide.

7. There is a bikeworld vid review of the 950 by the older geezer, might be on their youtube channel? From memory he loved it and felt it was the sweet spot in the multi V2 range, until he got a 1260GT? as a longtermer, though he did caveat that with if it was his money he'd have the 950 or words to that effect.

8. Thanks for the comments. I did wonder about the grunt on the 950s but the 1260 is a bit pricey. I'll check out the videos.

9. Welcome into our mad house

10. If you're buying new then the 1260 is no longer available AFAIK. A decent/recent used 1260s is going to be close to the cost of a new 950s.

11. Welcome to the forum

12. Welcome to our forum.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information