1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 New V2s

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Lizzyfan, Nov 27, 2021.

1. I'm looking at swapping back to a sports tourer next year & like the look of the new Multistrada V2s. I've had a price from my local Ducati dealers for the V2s travel with spot lights & rear DP indicators that i'm fairly happy with. I'm also looking at the new Gen2 BMW s1000xr (No panniers & which is more expensive but still within my price point) I've owned 2 Gen 1 xr's in the past so not 100% sure I want to buy a 3rd) but plan to test ride both in the better weather. Has anyone got any experience of the V2s yet? Not really interested in the V4s as it's just too much money and I don't intend to take off for a multi week trip around the UK or EU !!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. No V2 Multistradas delivered yet as far as I know, certainly none at my dealership. Andy

3. A lot of reviews always reckoned the 950S was a better bike than the 1200/1260S.

4. Unless you want a decent amount of torque!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. This is something I'm aware of coming from my 1200 Monster. I hope I don't find the V2s 'under powered' as I'll be disappointed in it if I do. Time will tell....

6. I took a 950 out then a 1260 straight after. I bought a 1260.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I test rode the older 950 and the 1200 DVT back to back.
    The 950 is great bike in most respects..... but the DVT engine is just smoother at the lower rpms and pulls cleaner.
    If you like to rev your bike engine more then it may be for you.

I bought the 1260, don't need the top end power, but like the bottom end torque :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. My take after a year on a gen2 XR was flat as a witches tit power delivery under at least 4k rpm, buzzy engine and lots of gear noise, really cheap nasty unpainted plastics that snapped due to vibes (rear hugger lhs rear fixing) . Active sussies a bit ltd in options and effectiveness (compared to v4s mutley ones) and leaky(fork seals). Bmw touring screen was good, saddle weird. Built down to a price not up to a quality std imo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Must it be new? Why not save wedge and go last of the 1260s?

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  10. Could do but I like the thought of a full 4 year Ducati warranty plus I'm in the nice position to be able to afford brand new although a new V4s is too much money for me, the V2s is affordable. I'm thinking of the travel pack with spots, rear indicators and Ducati alarm, might have a tracker fitted as well.

• Like Like x 2
  11. IMO, the only thing that's better about the 950S vs the 1260 is the price.
    It's not that much lighter at 9 kgs less, lacks the SSSA and mounted with cheaper Brembo M4-32 vs the M-50 on the 1260.
    I would call BS on such reviews and comparo's.
    As an aside, when's the last time you read a review that wrote that the predecessor was better?
    Me...NEVER.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hi All:

More of a FYI, as I was curious on the delivery times for the V2 .... just had a quick email exchange with my local Ducati dealer, Ducati Glasgow (Scotland). If I ordered today, Saturday December 4th, delivery would be May 2022.

Now not to compare apples to oranges ... because this is what I am doing. My first 950S was ordered 18 Aug 2018 and was delivered 20 Sep 2018. Remember those days before the pandemic where there was no such a thing as a supply chain issue ... PCR testing etc etc ... sigh.

So bear that in mind if you are considering this motorcycle ... delivery time. That probably applies to every motorcycle and car these days.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Probably more likely to be delayed further too given all the uncertainties around. Unprecedented times :confused:

A rarer animal maybe but my dealer, when I asked a couple of weeks ago, stated delivery for the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak would be June or July.

14. When I spoke to my local dealer I was told they have a V2s travel scheduled to be built & it would be available with plenty of time and ready for the March 1st registration. Can't do anything without selling my Monster first as the price to change is too much money if I accepted the part exchange price from the dealer. If I have to go the part ex route I may look at the 950s as there are a few low mileage ex demo around.

15. I popped into Ducati Cambridge on Saturday, and they have a new Multi V2 in, and on the showroom floor.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ducati Coventry have their V2s demo bike PDi'd & ready for test rides now. I'll book a test ride next year as I've no free time before the Xmas break.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I had a 1200DVT and now own a 950 Multi. I don't miss the 1200. The 950 is great for real world riding. Plenty fast enough, great on fuel. The only slight downside it that its a little bit taller.
    But each to their own. A good long test ride is essential.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Well, after talking to & emailing my local dealer this afternoon I've put down a refundable deposit on a red V2s with travel pack plus front spots & DP rear indicators which is due in the first week or two in Jan. I'll get all my deposit money back if I find I don't like it. Will be taking the demo V2s out on a dry day in Jan. If I like it, my new bike will be ready for the March 22 reg plate. Will probably have the Datatool tracker fitted as well.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Congratulations @Lizzyfan. It'll be a different ride to the XR but I'm hoping that you find it a more engaging one. Enjoy the anticipation and your test ride when it comes around.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks. Decided I didn't want another xr as I've already had 2 and like the Ducati, just hope the test ride works out ok.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information