1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New V4 R Homologation Special Due When ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Android853sp, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Okay, so the launch blurb clearly states that a new (sub 1000cc) V4 will be racing in 2019. If the racing homologation rules remain unchanged and a fixed number of road going bikes have to be sold to homologate engine capacity, certain engine internal components and chassis, when do people realistically expect the bike to be available to the public ? I'm not getting any younger and having spent yesterday morning with a spritely 72 year old looking at buying a 1299 Superleggera for a last hoorah, my common sense seems to have gone out of the window and I have an urge that is going to be hard to ignore. Andy

#1 Android853sp, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. You have no need of common sense,now you are retired Andy. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I had a grocer's delivery round at 13 and my mother insisted that I keep a double entry cash book so I knew exactly how much money I'd committed to spend and how much I'd actually got and as old habits die hard, I occasional get a pang of conscience when considering such profligacy. Then again, what the hell ! Andy

• Like Like x 2
  4. yeah buy one andy!! :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I know exactly what you mean Andy.I found out quite early on in life that money is easier to spend than it is to acquire.I am usually very thrifty,but occasionally I will have a desire to go and splash out.Always accompanied by a Puritanical streak of guilt.This soon passes when I convince Mrs Mervyn what a dead cert investment I have made.HaHa.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'd be concerned it would be like the Yam R7 - absolute bag of pants in road trim, and only works when you add the performance upgrade kit.

7. And long may that continue !

8. Mmmm retirement, Mmmm

9. I know.

10. :idea:If it helps you why not give something up? I gave up shopping in Tesco and that pays for the loan on my ST4s. Stopped doing something I don't like doing and started doing something I adore doing.
    Cue Hovis music - I had a paper round at 12 - and I've been borrowing money frantically ever since. Life is too short etc. etc. Go on treat yourself.

11. Just to tidy this up for the moment. The WSB rules for the next 3 years, which will influence what the V4R is likely to be, are to be finalised in a couple of months time. Until then, no-one can say what the V4R will need to include to homologate the V4RS which, given the talk about dumbing the WSB spec down to Superstock, could mean it'll be just the correct capacity (<1000cc) and nothing trick. Timescale wise the V4R should be announced towards the end of 2018 and be available to punters at a Ducati dealer near you in early 2019. Have to say that information has deflated my enthusiasm and left me a little disappointed so have decided that if the itch is going to be scratched, I need to come up with a plan B. Don't hold your breath but watch this space :cool:. Andy

12. You only live once and you can't take it with you :upyeah:

13. Very true. Andy

14. Just stay away from George and Andy until you've made your mind up, went in to buy a diavel and almost ended up with a sl2 with my old man helping them out :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Why not order the V4 and then upgrade to the R version if it seems worthwhile? Just a thought.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information