1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Zealand White Island

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Dec 9, 2019.

1. I hope none of our members, families or friends are involved in this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Just read this.........awful :(

3. Yemen, i hope none of our members, families or friends are involved in this as it is happening every day.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  4. It's not a competition port, bad show

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. no, it's about perspectives, needed stating.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Poor timing, a bit attention-seeky... A volcano is not a political campaign.

7. A perspective would be you setting up a seperate thread if you wished, if you felt strongly about yemen, something you haven't done so far but instead sought to jump on another

To my knowledge we DO have members in New Zealand but none in Yemen.

Your addition is poorly timed and poorly judged, and I'd suggest you made a mistake, politely ask you remove your posts as I will edit mine and if you wished to start a yemen one, there is nothing to stop you doing so

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agree those sight seeing are there by choice and is awful, the others hmmm. Seeking attention lets hope so.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. no i will not remove my post based on your knowledge.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. Yep is a bit like the appallingly bad taste "proposing at someone else's wedding" attention whoring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sorry you see it that way, not intended.

12. Back on topic tho, at least 5 dead and more unaccounted for...
    Was only a matter of time before it went up, just unlucky for those involved I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I think your final moments being burned to death in superheated steam and all that ash going into your lungs must be some of the worst ways to go.
    Survivors will have issues for year to come with the ash they must have inhaled.

Numbers will go up as the 5 dead were the ones rescued yesterday.

#13 AirCon, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
  14. They showed one poor bugger all coated in gray, couldn't help thinking about Pompeii...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sad to read this today, where in NZ are you?

16. Way up north, but I was down that way tuesday on a big multiday ride. On a good day you can see White Is clearly from the coast fuming away.
    Have been deep sea fishing out past the island before, it is spectacular, without even landing on it!

• Like Like x 2
  17. On the news this morning it said some people were actually in the crater when it erupted

18. Very sad, don't sight see on smouldering volcanoes :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Terrible news.
    Having been there on the boat trip some years ago I still find it hard to imagine how terrifying it must have been for them.

Sightseeing on an active volcano is dangerous Exige, but so is riding a motorbike, that's why we do it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information