1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie 1098, Bit Of A Project!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by dannyplum, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Hi all,

Bought my first Ducati about a month ago and I would love to say it`s the best thing ever, but it needs some TLC and I`m yet to properly ride it. It was apparently the project bike of Snell Ducati Alton and had a lot of work done on it when new, fairings, clutch, hi comp pistons, exhaust blablabla.

15k later and it`s running rough and stalling so it`s strip down and build up time. Here to get some advice and hopefully give some back in the process!

And me, biker for 14 awesome years, currently on a 08 zzr1400, love a track day, cruise, whatever gets the wheels rolling!

I`m sure I`ll have a tonne of questions and annoying posts along the way, but for now, just saying Hi...!

s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome 1098 dude. :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice. Base model with some bits on it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hello.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  8. Makes a change from Red & Yellow coachworks,welcome aboard.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to the forum, the 1098 is an awesome bike and the last of the ‘raw’ Ducatis ie without namby pamby electronics, you’ll have a blast!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Welcome Danny, nice bike:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi and welcome nice bike and you have managed to get a bit of a picture of a bin on your 1st post
    Well done you are in

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Welcome fellow 1098ser. Get that pillion & rear sets off, looks way better & you’re never going to take anyone on the back are ya?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Welcome and enjoy. Bike and bin...

Impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome , nice looking bike.

15. Welcome. Very nice bike.

16. Looks nice dude! keep us posted on the work you do to it! :upyeah:

17. Perhaps @nelly could help with some details, it's a great looking bike.

18. Welcome, as mentioned previously nice looking bike. Good luck with rebuild :upyeah:

19. welcome danny, love a rebuild fettling thread.

20. Cheers guys! I fell in love with it when I saw it, definitely let my heart rule my head but followed standard procedure when buying a bike as when choosing a girlfriend… Cross fingers and hope she rides as good as she looks!:joy:

Let the journey begin!

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information