1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie 796

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Gareth27, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Hi all,
    New to forum and new to Ducati. After 12 years without a bike I decided to get back on two wheels and recently bought a 2010 796 Hypermotard, well looked after FSH.
    Very happy so far, not that I've been very far with lockdown and weather though.
    Couple of things I'd like some advice on with the knowledge available on here if anyone can help.
    I'd like to fit a gear indicator and would like to know what one people would recommend, I've seen the GiPro mentioned on here a few times and will probably go for that unless any better is recommended, my main question is is it just plug and play and simple to install and set up or will there be some cutting in to wiring ?
    Is there a screen that will cut wind blast slightly but not ruin the looks of the bike ?
    In future would possibly like to change seat to one which will just lower my riding position a bit, is there one which people recommend, have seen that DP comfort seat is slightly lower than the standard seat, is it worth it though ?
    Any advice and links to best sites to purchase from will most welcome thanks.
    Probably be asking more questions as time goes on lol
    Thanks all
    Gareth

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey newbie
    It might be a bit slow in here for a newbie post

we do like pictures especially your rubbish bins :D

welcome into our mad house

3. Welcome and enjoy

4. Greetings!

5. Welcome along Gareth

6. Thanks for the welcome folks no answers yet though lol.

FB5EC2DA-B729-4C45-AFF9-BED883DB542A.jpeg

Here’s the pic which I forgot Ducbird :)

Appreciate it might be a bit slow for a newbie (especially asking these questions about 796 lol).
    I have searched the forum but understandably a lot of threads regarding what I’m asking are a few years old, so was hoping for any recent updates, and I do understand that the questions have probably been asked many times and people may be bored answering lol.

Any advice for best upgrades fully appreciated though :upyeah:

Gareth

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome along!

Only just purchased a 796 myself so can’t help you with any of the questions above, plenty of carbon bits available for it.
    My one does have a Sargent gel seat fitted and it’s definitely extremely comfortable but it does look off in my opinion, looks like it belongs on a old Honda :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. welcome gareth'

9. Welcome to the forum

10. That looks a lot of fun,roll on springtime PDQ for our sanity.:upyeah:

11. I’ll be taking delivery of my 2012 hypermotard soon. Good choice, it looks brilliant. Gear indicator is a good shout, hadn’t thought of that. I’m used to not having one.

12. Hi there, I’m getting a 796 too, got the same seat & have the same opinion, it does look comfy tho.

13. https://lifeatlean.com/top-3-motorcycle-gear-indicators/

Do Not Sell My Personal Information