1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie But Also An Oldie

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by regcheeseman, Feb 16, 2021.

1. So I was last active on this forum nearly 6 years ago, cannot believe it has been six years, a lot has happened in that time.

Back then I was looking for my first Ducati, preferably a nineties sportsbike, so I joined this forum to learn a bit first before buying, however life got in the way and I never bought that Ducati, I bought a coupe of other bucket list bikes instead, a Buell and an FZR1000.

The itch started again a few months ago, just had small redundancy payout (thanks covid) and walked straight into another job on 7k more, happy days!

Looked at a few bikes, got serious about a 748 on eBay but it was miles away, the deal involved some trust and a few things didn't seem right, especially the sellers name 'beacont' - sure you can work out what that says.

So this 996 advertised as a 916 pops up on facebooks, it's fairly close, not close enough to go look though. Eventually a deal was done, I transferred cash and then worried for 24hrs until the courier confirmed collection had been made.

So this is home with me, bit of a mish mash of bits, I'd love to know what it is/was and what it's history is, all I know is it has 6k on the clocks and is dusty from being stored for so long. It does run, but to my untrained ear sounds like it's going to grenade any second, my buell sounded better put together! IMG_20210204_093613.png

Half the electrics don't work, its not charging, the fairing stay is loose, the termis are all wonky - first job is full service and assessment.

edit: forgot to mention, it is the most amazingly beautiful piece of art, I could just sit and stare and drink it all in for hours.

#1 regcheeseman, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Welcome back :upyeah:

3. Nice one welcome back.

4. Welcome to the Italian brand,:upyeah:Also look on the bright side of life,you've a prayer mat included & straight through to the governor as when required.;)

5. Welcome back into our mad house

where are my bins :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome ,looking forward to your updates :)

7. Welcome. Lovely bike mate, it’ll keep you occupied on and off season by the sounds of it, happy tinkering :upyeah:

8. Welcome back

9. Welcome (back) and enjoy.

10. Sounds normal :)
    Welcome back

Do Not Sell My Personal Information