1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie From Cheshire Considering A Multistrada

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by winrow3745, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Hello all,
    I'm a long time Triumph fan that's owned a "classic" 675 Street triple for almost 10 years. The little thing has taken me all over Europe in its time and the bike isn't showing its age but i am.

So for the past year I've been looking for something more comfortable, my last trip to the NC500 was my last big trip on the little Triumph as I'm having issues with my hips being cramped up on the bike. It's a small bike and I'm reasonably tall at 6ft2, so I've always looked a touch like a gorilla on a monkey bike.
    I've tried a triumph Speed triple and I think that might have been even more cramped for leg room and tried a triumph Scrambler 1200 too. That is a comfortable and commanding place to be, but riding this got me thinking about Adventure bikes with some weather protection.

So I'm now considering a Multistrada, as I'm hoping one of those will take me to places without being knackered and in agony, but will also be fun when I get to some twisties.

At the moment I'm considering a new 950s or a 2nd hand 1200a dvt and I must say, I've never owned a Ducati, so quite excited to add one to the garage. I do love red bikes.

Thanks,
    Andy.

#1 winrow3745, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Go for the 1200 DVT don't think about it just do it you won't be disappointed

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Have to agree with T500 on that, performance and agility will blow you away.
    I see yours based in Cheshire, get in touch with Ducati Mcr in Sale and book a test ride, they are very accommodating.
    And welcome to the forum:)

5. Have you had any experience on a bonneville T120 by any chance....
    asking for a friend!
    ;)

6. Welcome to the forum. Try and get a test ride on both if you can. A used 1200 DVT should scratch that itch, try and aim for the S model with the Skyhook suspension, especially if you carry a pillion.

7. Welcome new dude :cool::upyeah:

8. Red is best :)

We will require pics of your bins and your bike when you buy it

Welcome into our mad house :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. There are many people on this forum that look like gorillas,no matter what bike they are on!Welcome.

• Funny Funny x 2

10. Also go Woods Motorcycles in Abergele

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Welcome Andy and you won't regret switching to Ducati at all.

12. I must admit I haven't. A few people seem to swear by them though and the new Speed Twin looks absolutely beautiful in the flesh.
    The Triumph 1200 twin motor in the Scrambler is a peach, it pulls from nothing right up to 7k so smoothly. So I'm assuming the Bonneville T120 and the Speed Twin would be a lovely road bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I'm excited for you as i still remember the first day/ride on mine:upyeah:
    Good to have you swimming with us:upyeah:

14. Welcome ! Get the 1200 S DVT, I just took the plunge coming from the CBR650F, I am not a tall dude rather a short one and this is no old mans bike for sure, of course you can ride it slow or fast it can do whatever you ask it to. I couldnt afford a 1260 so I went for a newish 1200 S with Skyhook instead and it needs nothing straight off the bat. I have done similar trips like yours NC500, toured whole of scotland, midlands and a bit of the south on the cbr650 not yet gone to europe but the MTS can take you around the world if you want it to without you worrying ! JUST DO IT!

15. 1200 version IMHO. Easy mile cruncher

16. Welcome, at 6'2" I know what you mean about cramped and gorilla - I had a 900 Monster which gave me cramp after a few hours, I now have ST4 which is hugely comfortable in comparison so I'd presume a Multi would be positively armchair! Don't believe the Ducati unreliability bollox, enjoy

17. Hi and a very warm welcome to the Ducati forum I'm lucky enough to have 3 bikes in my garage and one of them is a speed triple which I have owned for over 4 years and like you I am considering a multi I have a few thinks to sort out then I will be test riding a few and if I purchased would look forward to doing a few miles on her and heading up to Scotland with the boss in toe
    you only have one life make it a fantastic one

18. Welcome and enjoy!

19. Ey up mate! I'm a proud owner of a 1200s dvt. Cracking bike, does everything you could want and does it with ease and comfort. As mentioned above, take one for a decent test ride then be ready to part with some cash!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information