1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie From Hampshire - Not A Duc Owner....yet

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Triple7, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Afternoon everyone! Not my first post on here but I've been told to introduce myself as I'll no doubt be picking everyone's brains for advice at some point or another :) .

I've only ever owned Triumphs so far, my first bike was a Street triple R then moved onto a couple of Daytona 675's which I'm still currently riding. Absolutely awesome bikes and definitely recommend giving them a go if you ever get the chance to ride one. However I've ALWAYS had a thing for Ducati's, from when I was a little'un having a Tamiya model 996 on my desk that my dad built (one of those presents that's more for him than the kid haha) I was hooked.

Although the Daytona is an absolutely fantastic bike I think now is the time to scratch the Ducati itch that I've had for so long...After a lot of thinking/man-maths I think I'm settled on getting a Streetfighter however after my first thread on here I'm now seriously torn between the 848 or 1098 engines. I'm thinking being back on a more upright-naked style bike that is gonna be wayy more comfortable and useable, but then I see an 848 (sportsbike) and get all confused again lol.

Either way I hope to be a part of the family soon and look forward to posting up my first Ducati!

Cheers,

Dan

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome confused Hampshire Triumph 848 / 1098 Streetfighter dude. :) :upyeah:

3. Haha thanks Robarano! Tbh its not a bad place to be, bit of a win win as I'm sure whatever I'll end up with I'll be a happy man :cool:

4. Welcome fellow Hants lad, and what part of God's finest and bestest county are you from ?? :D

5. Ahh don't ask me this...living in Aldershot :laughing: lol, which must nicer part of Hampshire are you from??

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hi Martin, thanks for the welcome.

I've actually posted in the Wanted section and had a lot of people comment which has been awesome but unfortunately not helped me make my mind up lol, I think I'm leaning more towards the 848 as it will be a lot more useable power, coming from the 675's I enjoy ringing its neck which I think if I did on the 1098 I'd be looking at the sky all the time!

7. Out of interest, what would you guys expect to pay for a fairly stock (has termis) 2014 SF 848, 7500 miles, FSH? Found one at a reputable dealer but seems at the top end of my budget and not sure if I'd be better holding out for a private sale a bit cheaper.

8. If you wait a couple of months many bikes will be cheaper. Problem is having to wait another six months for some sunshine!

Hope you find a bargain soon.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. Thanks dude, problem is I'm very impatient lol.

10. Welcome into the mad house

Make sure it’s red the proper colour :D

We like pics of your bins it’s a forum law and we like them and bike when you get it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  12. welcome Dan for a second time around:upyeah::cool::motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello, welcome Dan. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome again, buy the 1098 - if money is not an issue then buy the expensive 848 that will drop in value, simples... :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aldershot is in Hants, therefore it's a perfect place. The other perfect place is down near the sea in the N
    Out in the sticks in the forest....:)

16. Welcome ,also from sunny Hampshire ,i had a Street Triple 675 r ,before changing to 848 street fighter ,i liked the 675 but much prefer the Ducati ,you will love the Ducati gets under your skin abit

17. Welcome ... from another Hampshire dweller ... this time from the Portchester area.

18. Thanks for the welcomes! Will have to get a Hampshire meet up going when I'm officially part of the Ducatisti

19. Sounds a good plan to me ... my 748 is currently ongoing surgery ... 748cc to 853cc as well as a couple of other "minor" tweaks :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information