1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie From Northampton

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by miketyp3, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hello and thank you for the welcome.
    I've had an ST2 for a few years and enjoyed it no end. Not that I've used it for any proper touring yet, but I went to the Classic TT on it this year complete with tent (yes in all that rain!) and all my kit and it was superb.
    Then last weekend I bought a cheap 851 off ebay (what could possibly go wrong there!).
    I've only had chance to ride it up and down the road a few times, but so far so good - it certainly wants to go! :eek:

The other bikes I own are a 77 BMW R100RS (first year, so drum rear brake and spoked wheels), a 63 Norton Dominator (inherited from my Dad) and a 1950 Vincent Comet (no, I couldn't afford one now!)
    I have used links and advice off this forum to do belts and shims on the ST recently, and with Ducati's now being the majority brand in my garage I thought I'd better get "on board".
    I'll be doing the same jobs on the 851 in the next few weeks as well as a full service, Brakes, Forks, Shock etc and a general tidy up ready for next year.

Wish me luck!

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello and good luck dude

3. Welcome Mike :):upyeah:

4. G'day bloke, from the Land of Champions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Welcome Dave

6. I was in america recently and when asked where i came from i said Northampton. The American i was speaking to said, "what state is that in?"
    i said its a fooked up shit hole...;):upyeah:

7. My cousin was a bike cop in Northamptonshire :bucktooth:

8. who is your cousin pm if you like

9. Welcome to the forum chap:upyeah:love 851/888:)

10. Welcome Mike and nice bikes.

11. Welcome Mike ,good luck

12. Nice collection! Welcome and enjoy.

13. Morning mike

14. Welcome Mike, sounds like a nice garage full.

15. Thanks everyone! andyb, you're not wrong!

16. Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information