1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie From Surrey

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rob the ranger, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Hi, just joined the forum it looks a great site!,I currently own 2 bikes , see pics below (hopefully they've loaded ok) and i'm a bit of a Italian bike fan (though owned Jap bikes previously too). I got back into bikes last year after an 8 year absense due to a crash which was on my 998 that i had for 6 months :( after which my daughter and Mrs said no more, but time is a great healer.Bought the MV first as when i was looking last year i couldn't believe it was similar money to Jap stuff for the same age and always loved them, then got the Tornado last winter, was like new with only 2000 miles ,always loved the mad styling and couldnt say no for just over £3k , Done 2 trackdays on the Tornado this year too. But looking to increase the collection of my "Working Italian Museum" and may be after an 1198 or a 998 again in the very near future, just have to sell an old Italian car clogging up my garage first as run out of space. Also if anyone knows of or is selling a Bimota SB6 Gen 1 (red/white preferably) i'm looking for one of those too. IMG_1959.JPG IMG_1641.JPG

#1 Rob the ranger, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Rob, two lovely bikes, but the can on the Benelli looks massive. The MV is sweet. :):upyeah:

3. cheers John, yep the can will go, but believe or not the standard can is pretty loud 104db on static test!, much louder than the MV

4. Pics aint valid pal, No wheelie bins in them ,,,Nice bikes mind, Welcome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome Ranger dude, cool bikes :cool:

6. There are no red one either
    Welcome into the mad house

We like bins :) bikes are ok

7. sorry neither are red Ducbird, but thats Ducati's domain

8. welcome Dave

9. :)
    Welcome from another Surrey lad

10. Welcome :):upyeah: - SB6? The least desirable Bim of all :eek: after the Mantra thingy of course o_O

11. Normally I'd say an mv should be red but that looks beautiful mate, very very pretty!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well it was Bimota's best seller , over a thousand i think. which doesn't make it a rare enough for a bimota for most. Agree the Mantra is ropey as is the gen2 sb6r, but i liked the original model with totally faired in exhaust system , was pretty trick for mid-nineties 4 stroke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thanks Advikaz

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's what I mean you need a red one :D

15. Yes it was the best seller for sure, I like the KB1 project on Ebay (another marmite bike) but have too many projects and not enough funds! Some of the Yams (YB4?) are very nice though too.

16. Loving the MV..tasty indeed!
    Wouldn't look out of place with my "not red" Ducati collection!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Or mine :)

18. That's what always stopped me buying a Tornado. Fab looking bike, unusual, great style but that zorst! Why didn't someone stop that leaving the design house?

19. yep its a shame as makes a great sound to be fair, will probably change it for a thin gp style one over the winter.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information