1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie- Gt1000 Shocks Query

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Clean simon, Aug 6, 2018.

1. hi all, first post so will try to be succinct.
    Looking into lowering my gt1000 as I have short legs and commute through traffic lights a lot, I’m on 2 toes 1 side. Anyone know what issues this causes, how far you can reasonably lower?

Second query - forks. The travel seems fine but rebound is too slow so they seem to decompress into upcoming bumps. I’m surrounded by bumpy farm roads so it’s jarring. Any suggestions of now to improve? Solo seat only, never pillion.

Thanks in advance ladies and gents :)

Si

2. Have a look at this

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi David, thanks I have watched this and it’s very cool but they were a bit different to what I’m thinking. If you can advise me about lowering for comfort not aggressive stance that would be great. It’s a good tip about the forks though, I will have a look.

4. Hi Simon, i bought my rear shocks from hear
    http://www.shock-factory.co.uk/

He is very helpfull, he will make them up to your weight and what ever length you want, mine are standard length so cant really help

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi and welcome. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi, thanks I will check them out. I can pretty much approach any company who deal in springs or shocks and I’m sure they will more or less sell me whatever I ask them for, but what I’m unsure of is if there any danger to this or reasons why it’s a terrible idea. Any thoughts?

7. The video clip seams as though they lowered it without too much of an issue?

8. Welcome into the mad house

We like pics of ya bins and bikes please it’s a forum law and red is best :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Welcome Dave

10. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’m sure I will get around to some photos soon enough, there are no bins in sight but I will seek some out specially for you

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. I’m sure I will get around to some photos soon enough, there are no bins in sight but I will seek some out specially for you

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. I have heard of something called a lay down, Napoleon or Japanese bracket that basically allows you to move the lower bolt on the rear shock back, relaxing the angle and reducing the seat height. Anyone know where I might obtain such a thing? Or why they might be rubbish as opposed to a shorter shock? Thanks again :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information