1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie In Bolton

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Nick Bailey, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Hi. New to the group. Having issues with my 1199 Panigale, The Gear Position Sensor I think, bike wont start unless I am sat on it, gear lever selects all the gears very easily, no issues. but the screen doesn't no what gear I am in, Questions are.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    How do I get it sorted.
    Is it common.

ive took the cable off and tried to cleaned it etc, put it back on and made no difference at all. but, just before I buy another at £100 from the ducati dealer, is there anything else I could try?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Welcome Nick, don't know but someone will :):upyeah:

4. ive searched the group pages and found a chat about the issue. cheers

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Welcome Nick

6. Welcome to the Forum Nick, hope you get it sorted quickly, it sounds like something simple:upyeah:

7. Welcome along Nick

8. Hi & welcome

9. Good afternoon Nick and welcome aboard:upyeah: it's a wet down in the south today:(.............& no idea about your problem.:blush:

10. Thanks a lot. Hoping to get a new part soon and fit it myself. hopefully this will sort it. I am in the North West. and its pissinbg down.

11. @nelly

12. welcome nick' ..hope you get the issue sorted quickly.

13. A new sensor will most likely solve the issue. You can reset the sensor and go thru the learning process to recalibrate the signals to the respective gears. This may work for a while, but once it’s failed, it usually means it’s on its way out and will go again.
    The new sensor could need this calibration as well. 50/50 tbh. If it does need it, you’ll need a dealer to do the reset.
    I’d get the new one fitted and see how you get on.

14. How much are the sensors for these I might try one on my 1199. The gear indicator on mine always flickers between gears once the bike is warm, and last summer after full bore it would on occasion shut down and say ‘engine’ on the dashboard and not restart.

I fitted 2 new map sensors and haven’t tried it since, but seeing that the first time I’m going to be able to check it is at Cartagena next month I’m wondering whether to throw a gear sensor on it for belts and braces?

15. £100 ish... iirc

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Welcome to the forum

Do Not Sell My Personal Information