1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie (ish)

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Paul H, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Hi All, having just acquired a 900ss and knowing very little about them, I thought I'd join up and hopefully make a contribution to the goings on around here.

Ducati's in the stable are - Scramber FT, 748BP (1997) an now this 900ss 1994 with some trick bits and a MHR paint scheme.
    None ducati's are - BMW 1200GS, Z650 (1977) and a 1983 VF400 lurking somewhere in the back of a friends garage

I've been riding bikes for almost 40yrs now. Done the Jap thing initially and then moved over to the dark side and rode 1200GS for a few years (I still have one ...ssshhh..but it's rarely out). Bought my first Ducati, a 748, new in 1997. Due to a sports injury I didn't keep it long

The Scrambler FT is the most fun I've ever had on a bike. Have done the Italian, Swiss & French Alps twice on its and boy it was fun. Its nearly always the bike i wanna ride most

The 748, bought only a few months ago, is to make up for having to sell my first one. I intend to put back to original.

The 900ss is just gorgeous, so decided feck it, just buy it. I've never ridden one.

So happy to be on board on this forum and hopefully good things ahead.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Some pics of the 900ss 900ss-1.jpg 900ss-2.jpg 900ss-3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. welcome Dave

4. I’m going to forgive you for lack of bins great bike :upyeah:

Welcome into the mad house

Please rectify the bin situation when you can :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hello and welcome dude.
    You have great taste! I also have a 748 and a 900 ss..
    Like the headlight on ya ss. Not seen that before that I recall..

6. Welcome Paul,really nice bike

7. Hello & welcome

8. Welcome along :cool: I like that red thing on top of your front wheel, is that called a mudguard @chizel ?? You'll have to ask the OP where he got that mate ??

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Welcome Paul :):upyeah:

10. I have one.. it's carbon... shame its in in two bits in my garden...
    That said, it' a whole lot easier to clean the front wheel without it. And my bike has super powers now...

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Welcome,and I am envious,900ss,one of my all time fav's.

12. Soft spot for the 900ss, nice colour scheme too. Welcome to the forum
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Welcome Paul,like very much and a round headlamp:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information