1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie To Ducati 848

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by jdearauj, May 16, 2017.

1. Hi all,

Hopefully i'll be purchasing a ducati shortly. Some great reads on here and hopefully at some point i will be able to contribute.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Welcome on board, and if you don't have a particular model in mind, you're certainly on the right site to get just about all the information you need to help you decide.

4. Welcome :)

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  5. Thanks very much to all.

6. Welcome, what duke you considering ??

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. In the title?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I read that straight after posting.....Doh !!! :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. So i have my 848 and rode it home yesterday after purchase. Moving over from a touring bike to a sports bike is a BIG difference, but it was not long before i was loving it and assume it will get better & better with use.

It seems i did really not do enough research before purchase.
    The two things that i could not believe for a bike which is not cheap, 1. No fuel guage(maybe it is a setting) and 2. No gear indicator.

But otherwise it is awesome and it shifts!!

10. Hi Jdearauj
    I had an 848, lovely bike.
    Yes your correct, no fuel gauge or gear indicator.
    What I used to do, when you next fill up, usually when yellow fuel light comes on and the counter in bottom left gives miles from 0.0, Set either Trip counter to 0.0
    Even on quite a progressive ride you should get 90-110 miles from a brimmed tank before light comes on.
    My experience with 848 (15 ltr tank) is that you can still squeeze another 15 miles out before you run out!! Don't push your luck though!
    My point is that I use this as my fuel gauge so I know when setting out etc how long I have to fill up!
    The gear indicator just comes with experience, the bike will tell you when you need to change down! ( Lumpy, shaky as speed drops in high gear!) you have red lights at top of dash for changing up and rev limiter!
    Shummi

11. Hi Jdearauj
    I had an 848, lovely bike.
    Yes your correct, no fuel gauge or gear indicator.
    What I used to do, when you next fill up, usually when yellow fuel light comes on and the counter in bottom left gives miles from 0.0, Set either Trip counter to 0.0
    Even on quite a progressive ride you should get 90-110 miles from a brimmed tank before light comes on.
    My experience with 848 (15 ltr tank) is that you can still squeeze another 15 miles out before you run out!! Don't push your luck though!
    My point is that I use this as my fuel gauge so I know when setting out etc how long I have to fill up!
    The gear indicator just comes with experience, the bike will tell you when you need to change down! ( Lumpy, shaky as speed drops in high gear!) you have red lights at top of dash for changing up and rev limiter!
    Shummi

12. Hey Shummi,
    Thanks for the tips and great information. Still loving it and I've already started adding mods to it.
    Cheers
    jdearauj

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello and welcome into the mad house

Pics of bikes are the law around here as are your bins

Is it red ? :D

Feel free to involve yourself in the threads

14. Hi jdearauj
    Glad you found info helpful.
    Yes great bike, I also did get my suspension sorted cost £90, ride in and out and they tweek it for you.
    Out of the box Ducati's are quite hard, set up for track use really out the box.
    Lots of bling available for these beauties.
    I have a genuine Ducati rear paddock stand(Help cleans chain and stores bike off side stand) for 848 that I no longer need, if you need to buy one mine is in very good condition, no problem if not.
    Enjoy the bike my friend.
    Shummi

15. Hi Ducbird
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Here is some pic's, just run in now and gonna add some bits.
    She is the Tri Options edition with the Proper cans on!!! Akra'
    Tried to add me to Newbie post but found i couldn't...must be a bloke thing? lol
    Shummi 20170511_170636.jpg 20170511_170701.jpg 20170511_170708.jpg 20170511_170510.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh don't worry about that
    Looks lovely perfect colour too
    Enjoy :)

17. Hi Shummi,
    I'll have a think about the suspension, but for now mine seems fine and i assume only on a longer ride will see the advantage of the upgrade? With regards to the rear paddock stand, let me know how much you planning on selling it for?
    Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information