1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie With A Panigale V2

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by JamieW, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Hi All

Hope this trying period is treating you well!

Bought my first Ducati last year after riding a 765rs for a couple of years. Spend most of my time on the track and hoping there will plenty of trackdays this year too!!!

I'm converting it to a track bike as that's where I spend 90% of my riding time. Not an easy task in a few areas thanks to being quite new. Thankfully many 959/1299 parts cross over. There's also the Ducati tax aspect :joy:

Cheers
    Jamie

2. Hey newbie Jamie don’t forget pictures we like them and include your bins they kept me happy :)

Welcome into our mad house

3. Welcome in, pics or it didn’t happen. Another person who has experience on Triumph triples also! I’ve spent most of the last 10 years on or around them

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome along

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds like I have to upload photos :D Here goes. BTW, the Tyre pic is after it's first outing at Snetterton on the OE Tyres. Actually asked my local tyre supplier to send back top Pirelli and Pirelli offered 100% credit as a result. Also, please don't judge my messy Garage, I've only just moved in :joy:. And of course the fairing is a pre fit to check. downloadl_100820_9538_snetterton.jpg IMG_20200726_125649.jpg IMG_20200808_121002.jpg IMG_20200825_153653.jpg IMG_20200913_110605.jpg IMG_20200913_110624.jpg IMG_20201107_182403.jpg IMG_20201212_154201.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice! You’ve got the official Ducati fairings also? I purchased them before Christmas and have them ready to go for a trackday in March

7. Welcome to the forum:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, I bought CRC ones first and they didn't fit properly. They would have, but with a lot of modification to the bike around the Radiator and I wasn't willing to do that so got the Ducati ones in a Black Friday deal for nearly 200 quid cheaper. Fit like a glove in comparison plus they give you blanking plugs and headlight/tail light blanking covers, but its all a lot heavier than the CRC ones as they are practically original fairings without paint.

What trackday you booked on? I've got one in March on 22nd @ Snetterton

9. Yeah I got the Ducati ones also, mainly because for UK days I will leave the lights in the bike but for Euro stuff I want to remove them all so like the flexibility to do both, plus it’s solid plastics so the hope is that should I have a spill it will survive a little better.

I’m due to be at Donnington March 22

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome & enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  13. Greetings!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Brave doing track days in March. :upyeah: Hope you have a brilliant time.
    My first one is mid April, Silverstone. Cannot wait.

15. thanks pal. Booked a second on 20th March too :joy: should be fine as long as it's dry. Extra easy lap a session. I've never done Silverstone before. Been thinking about it. Let me know how it is after. It looks a right blast so enjoy :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information