1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcomer From Namibia

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Stefan, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Good day all.
    Thanx for accepting me to the forum.
    Last week I bought my first Duc ever and took home a running 2001 748 Biposto. My aim is to repair the accident damages and spruce her up to previous glory.
    While new to Ducati, I do have some biking experience. 40 years of riding so far and I own a variety of V engine Guzzi, Kawa and BMW adventure bikes and an Enfield Bullet 500. Am looking forward to finding valuable insider information on repairing and riding the 748. Cheers.

20181121_161535.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Stefan, if you turn round you could help save the lives of 10 fishermen....welcome :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Welcome Stefan :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome Stefanio..... my pc has autocorrelation to make you sound more Italian :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome Namibian dude :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's Chiz in the background saying, feck, I knew I shouldn't have parked it there before going on the lash

welcome dave.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Welcome aboard :cool:

How are the Namibian roads/trails? I fancy doing a trip in a couple of years, maybe hiring a GS or similar.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome aboard,and the best floating fish BIN ever:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Welcome from a Saffer. Namibia is beautiful. Dark skies and empty roads.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome and enjoy from another Sow Effrikan

13. Oooops!

14. Hi Kirky.
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Namibian roads are generally good. The B type tarred roads are mostly straight and boring. C roads are gravel and mostly well maintained. Cruising speed of 80 to 100 km/h possible. Some stretches with loose sand or gravel and corrugations are there. No fun when riding in the rain. D roads are mostly OK for bikes but can be sandy or rocky. Ask the locals! I use my 1200 GS for B and C. TOO bulky and heavy for D. The 650 KLR s better suited for those. Hope to see you for a cold one in the future. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. welcome stefan

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome into our mad house Stefan but you forgot your bin
    We like bins it’s a forum law :D
    I may just change my name to ducbin :thinkingface::blush:

Great pic though and lovely bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Hi Ducbird,

sorry, am a bit daft.. What is a bin?

Cheers
    S

18. [​IMG]
    This, every picture need one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oh, and welcome.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hi S

What you put your rubbish/trash in use your imagination for a good pic we like them :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information