1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Bike?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Apr 22, 2017.

1. I have a bit of a dilemma in choosing my next track bike. I've had enough of track/race bikes, so will be looking for one I can use on road and tack (so likely just a road bike and improve suspension)

Wish list is:
    0 130+ HP
    upright riding position, or at least one that isn't extreme super sport
    5500-6k tops (less the better!)
    decent handling standard, with a fork kit and shock spring change being all thats needed
    reliable
    fun
    possibly electronics if over 150 hp
    not triumph ;)

Any suggestions? And why?
    :)

2. Fireblades are very easy to live with....

3. tuono factory, or streetfighter ? nice and upright?

4. MV 675 or 800 bags of fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. even less reliable that a triumph :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Both on the list, just a case of if I can get a good one for the budget available. Tuono is very tall tho, probably too tall TBH.

• Agree Agree x 1

7. Yeah but you've got a trailer ready and waiting [emoji2]

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. TBF my gixer wasn't exactly reliable...

9. 990 Superduke R. Eager engine, agile chassis, excellent brakes. Makes a great road bike, has quality suspension as standard (needs setting up though - KTM's settings are stuff and nonsense) and no drastic mods needed except decatting and remapping to bin the emissions control BS and smooth the fuelling.

• Like Like x 1
  10. how do they cope with track-type riding? Any bikini fairings that can take some of the blast off? Think @Dave may have one...

11. Check out the KTM forums. They're quite popular as track bikes. No aftermarket fairings as such but the headlight and nose design is as good as any naked at cutting wind blast. For the rider at least.. I have thought any naked bike will have its limitations on very fast circuits because none of them are going to be as stable at high speed as a sports bike with slippery bodywork.

12. Multi?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Multi isn't fast enough on track ;)

14. Yamaha FZ1 S

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Obviously was a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Obviously I know :tearsofjoy:

17. Those 990 Superduke R looks awesome fun. I came really close to buying one last year, I can't think of anything that suits your requirements better Bradders. That said I remember I did recommend the Triumph so I don't want to jinx it!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Plus 1 for the fazer thou. Very capable machine with suspension improvements. Bloody quick with some basic tuning as well, decat/power commander. Tough as old boots. Loads around for spares if it gets binned on the track! 20-25mm spacer at the the back sharpens up the slowish steering but it remains super stable. Doesnt bite like some Vtwins and other litre bikes. Looks bloody cool when passing full on sports bikes with what people assume (wrongly) is a tourer type bike. Tbh only the cramped position for knees stopped me from having another Fz1s for road use.
    Mates bike was around 150bhp at the back wheel with some mods. Handled good enough for track. Probably need rear sets as its easy to get the pegs down on them even with the hero blobs removed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Yes if ground clearance issues are only peg related thats easily solved :) Juts wonder if its a bit too similar to my multi. Be nice to have something thats a bit of a hooligan if needed ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information