1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Bond? Spoiler Alert

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yellowducmaniac, Oct 7, 2021.

1. After Daniel Craig said that he has played James Bond for the last time, who do you think would make a good 007 going forward?...as far as i know no-one has been named as yet.

Idris Elba has been touted and if he is up for it he has my vote.:upyeah:

2. Might be worth putting a spoiler alert on this thread, for anyone who's seen the film not to ruin it for those that haven't.

For now all I'll say is that I think from the film it's clear who the next bond is isn't it?

3. Regardless of whether people have seen the film - everyone knows that Daniel Craig has publicly stated that he wont be playing Bond anymore...no spoilers intended or given IMO.:)

4. Not seen it, but this comment is more of a spoiler surely, everyone knows it's his last Bond.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. It will be a LGBTQQIP2SAA of colour.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Daniel Craig suggested it should be Jürgen Klopp.

Klopp’s response was that James Bond’s role in life was to save the world, but his was only to save Liverpool FC :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. ermmmm..lets wait and see.

8. Should be me. After me knee replacements :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. I’ve got a feeling they’ll cast someone who’s unsuitable and run the iconic brand in to the ground.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Tom Hardy have a crack at it. I think if anyone can, he can.

Am genuinely interested to see what direction they take it in. But I have a feeling it may not be a popular one in the long run.
    I don’t want to ruin the film for anyone. But it does feel like the next ‘bond’ (will it even be a bond!?!?) will be a black, non binary (oem fitted with ovaries), disabled, dwarf.

Let’s see. I’m all for the best actor actually getting the role not some bull shit political PC agenda like everything else seems to be which we’ll call ‘positive discrimination’ or just discrimination to anyone else.
    Then people who don’t like the film because it’s potentially actually a bad film or whatever then get branded a racist. Yippee. Rinse and repeat. Or the film / franchise will flop and the media will harp on about people being Homophobic/racist/>insert generic media shite here< In the usual attempt to divide everyone.

I reckon there should be a spoiler in the title due to the ending of the film being naturally so important.

In my opinion if it is indeed a Bond character (somehow?) then he should be fitting to the role.
    If it’s going to be a spin off of sorts and not involve James Bond then who gives a shit. As long as whatever character is suitable for the role and brings it alive is chosen. Then I’m sure it’s got a lot of legs.

#9 Advikaz, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. As long as it’s a man. With an English accent. Who is clearly physical enough to add some realism. That is still a womaniser (could swing both ways, Craig’s character had a bit of that). I don’t care.

11. I reckon that Henry Cavill ? Would make a good Bond ??

12. Likely to be an unknown imho or at least a hardly-known, like Craig was.

13. Fuck sake, my Mrs is always on about that Tom Hardy. Don’t watch tv so haven’t a clue who he is….

14. that

check her browser history.

A very good actor though. Very very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. If you have seen the film you have also seen the next 007......

16. Idris Elba is touting Idris Elba.

Hope not, he's so wooden he'd be better employed as a hatstand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Johnny Knoxville :D

DFFEC1C9-3FCB-4C58-9329-0D5149DD065A.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. This was what I was trying to say.... I don't care what he's said publicly about his role in the films going forwards. IMO the film makes it very clear what the franchise will look like in the future.

19. When he was attempting to do some driving a few years back a few people I know had dealings with him. Apparently a colossally large dickhead.

But who knows. Agree on the actor part. Not the best but was really good in Luther in my opinion. And also as that dude in the marvel stuff.

20. Henry Cavill would be ok, hes comes across as quite an affable fellow. Plus wifey would like Bond as would quite a lot of wifeys.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information