1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Nice Muffs?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by EddieDeguello, Feb 2, 2015.

1. I must have poor circulation in my fingers: I can have the heated grips on max, almost burning my palms, and my poor finger ends are still going numb with cold.

Anybody found some muffs that will fit behind the handguards? I've got some lovely Tucano Urbano muffs that I had on my Elefant, but I had to take the handguards off to fit them, and I'd really quite like to keep the front indicators...

2. Are your hand guards in the correct position ie stopping the wind hitting your fingers, try adjusting them down slightly

3. D'Oh. Never realised they were independently adjustable.

4. I had a similar issue when I adjusted my handlebar slightly back, the effect moved my handguards up so I had to adjust the handguards down slightly to compensate, you should get adjustment either way ie handguards or handlebar mount

5. ... but they're not, are they? I had a quick look this morning: handguard, mirror and lever are all on the same bracket, so if I tilt the handguards down to give my fingers more protection from the wind, I end up with the levers further down and my wrists over-extended.

I'll give it a go and see if I can find a compromise. Nobody's using muffs, then?

6. You need some of these :)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Well, precisely!

8. Some folks tape up the holes in the handguards that allow to the lever reach adjusters. This blocks off a lot of the wind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Yeah, I'll give that a go too.

I thought about trying to fit a transparent panel in my Tucano Urbano muffs, so they could go over the handguards and let the indicator show, but I guess it would be hard to make them robust enough to cope with the wind at speed.

10. Have you considered heated gloves?

11. Yeah... but the wind blast is still a problem. I was riding round last winter with muffs and lighter weight gloves, even without heated grips.

12. Do what the polar explorers do put your hands in ice and ride without gloves to harden your hands up. I walk the pooch in all weathers with no gloves - by the time I get back my hands are toasty and I don't feel the cold on the bike. I can't even use the hottest setting as the bars glow red!

13. Then save up for some arthritis drugs when you're older!

• Like Like x 2
  14. I used to get cold thumbs. I taped up the holes in the handguards with black tape, trimmed it up, and you can hardly notice its there, no more cold thumbs!

15. I've not had any complaints so far.

16. Sounds to me like your gloves are either I'll fitting or just crap. I had a problem with my thumbs going numb in the summer and numb n frozen in the winter even with the heated grips on. I got told by a very old biker that it was my gloves not fitting properly and to find some with bigger thumbs. Hay presto problem gone as soon as I found a new pair of Spada all weather gloves.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. But then I'd need to screw around with the battery pack and controller, and I also suspect I wouldn't be able to get gloves that are big enough to go over them; my current winter gloves are labelled 4XL as it is...

Sod it, I think I'll just try some of these and see if I can squeeze them behind the handguards:
    TUCANO URBANO BAR MUFFS R361 NEOPRENE - WITH BAR END WEIGHT - Urban Rider London

Do Not Sell My Personal Information