1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 No Clicks On Rear Shock

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Sambighair, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Is that normal? Adjusting my setting earlier and noticed a fair bit of old gunk around the adjuster knob.....i hate old gunk on mi knob! I cleaned it thinking it was chain fling, but on adjustment I noticed there were no discernable clicks, anyone else have This?

2. If it is a showa shock, thats correct.

3. It's an ohlins......maybe should have mentioned that snippet of info in the original post!

4. I have ohlins ttx and it clicks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hmmm I shall investigate further!!! Cheers for the info :upyeah:

6. Take the knob off by undoing the centre cross head screw.
    A spring and ball bearing should shoot across the garage never to be seen again.
    When you find it, clean it up with degreasing fluid and carefully reinsert the spring and ball and put the knob back on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bloody brilliant! Thank you I shall try and fire it into my eyeball tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Note there shouldn’t be any oil in that area so shouldn’t be gunked up to start with.

9. Which knob, top or bottom?

Also, are they two on a TTX, low speed and high speed comp? (cant remember, been a long time) although I thought both click

10. Is it a TTX? My comments actually derive from my experience with my 749R Ohlins.
    Not tried my 1098R TTX but assume would be broadly similar.

11. My ttx has 2 ....

12. It's the standard ohlins shock for a 2009 1198s....whatever that may be!

13. thought so...both click tho, right? Providing OP is talking about comp nor rebound, which IIRC doesn't click, but you can feel as it moves between 'stages'

14. if its the top knob, it should click.

15. They both click ... :upyeah:

16. I only have 1 knob..... I'll take a pic hang on

17. I have 2 :upyeah:

299BD319-9F66-4302-A2C4-20F94A9C5DA7.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. @RickyX gets the blankety blank cheque book and pen! I've just done what he suggested and the clicks are back! Thank you all for your 2penneths.
    It looks as though there was a bit of dirt and muck in there. Those ballbearings are a buggar to get back in...i had to resort to a tiny bit of grease to hold them in place!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information