1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Idea What Next!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Jun 15, 2017.

1. For a track bike. Supersport vs Middleweight Ducati vs Naked/streetfighter vs super bike....

ZX6R 2010 - good enough to win races in its day...older 848 - had 2 already and know they need work and can be bit fragile....gixer 1000 or similar - do I need the power?!...superduke - will it be OK on track really against sports bikes etc...

no idea but £5k gives quite a few options! Although can't believe how bikes haven't devalued in the last 2 years: K5 1000 still over 5k?!

Easy to ride fast, cheap to run and reliable. Occasional Sunday run and trackways ready out the box (likely spring changes on suspension).

#confused

2. CBR600RR, fantastic little rev happy track weapon and more than quick enough ? Well under 5k gets a good one.

Had a 2003 way back in 2006, thrashed within an inch, never once broke in 2 quite busy track seasons.

#2 Wayne58, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
  3. Fireblade?

4. Your answer is in your list and you know them well I think.... K5 all the way, best do everything bike.... And as you mentioned, they won't devalue either as they've got demi God status :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I loved the 899 I rented and find smaller bikes more fun mostly (read less scary!) so am ebbing to that again. Especially after chatting to @Drinky at Silverstone about his 600.

Had a 1000RR, really leaning to a zx6r right now...if my belly fits around the tank!!

6. Had one as a track bike, all bells and whistles, but could never get a decent time on it. But still in the running!

• Like Like x 1
  7. How about a Tuono....? Only ever heard good things about them

8. Gixer 750 ? Best of both worlds
    Heard good things about the triumph 675r

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Budget won't go far enough for the V4 and can't stand the looks at all of the old one. Plus they are mega tall ;)

10. ermmm.....no.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. So what's wrong with a trumpet ? :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. I'm definitely a more refined better rider on a less powerful machine.

But I'm happy with my 1299 because wheelies

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. The V4's look awesome.. I want a go on an RSV4 but I heard they were quite tall too...... You ever ride a C1/2H ZX10r? If I didn't have my K5 is have a ninja again... Small light and awesome...

14. My Tuono Factory (V Twin) was one of the best bikes I've ever had. Dealer support was shocking though.

15. Plus I want run key reliability ;)

Gixer 750 is on the list, but again silly money right now. Seems bikes are going up in eBay value ? (!!PMSL)

16. a 2k engine build cost...more fragile than Dianne Abbot ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. But much, much lighter.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. So no the CBR600RR then ?? Can't get much more reliable surely?

19. I have heard the 600 can be a bit fragile, whereas the 1000 is fairly bulletproof. Missed out on a 929 blade the other day by £50... Do like the looks but everything I read suggests the ZX is a lot sharper

20. The only person in the world where not eating negatively affects type 2 diabetes.... ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information