1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Maintenance Service On Ducati Supersport 939

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Philip Richmond-Cole, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Would you believe it, I just brought the 939, lovely bike and I feel this is the one. I was looking around online but I could not find the maintenance service. Not I can’t be an expert but I’m a bit more in the owner manual that I do have. Eventually I sent an email to Ducati UK to ask can I get the book about the maintenance . The next day I got a phone call from Ducati in Italy say “sorry you can’t get the book and if you want you have to go to the service.” I was shock and annoyed . Basically chain need adjusting go to service, front tyre go to serve ( yet it’s ok for the back tyre). What do you feel?

2. Would you believe it, I just brought the 939, lovely bike and I feel this is the one. I was looking around online but I could not find the maintenance service. Not I can’t be an expert but I’m a bit more in the owner manual that I do have. Eventually I sent an email to Ducati UK to ask can I get the book about the maintenance . The next day I got a phone call from Ducati in Italy say “sorry you can’t get the book and if you want you have to go to the service.” I was shock and annoyed . Basically chain need adjusting go to service, front tyre go to serve ( yet it’s ok for the back tyre). What do you feel?

3. Pretty bloody annoyed actually. As far Ducati are concerned only their authorised dealers can do servicing and maintenance to their machines. In the real world that's not going to happen. Owners will do it themselves or use an independent workshop. There is a manual available for the 851 Hypermotard which, apart from the smaller capacity, is mechanically the same for the engine/gearbox and will give you most of the information you need.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Where did @Derek 's post go ……...:eyes:

5. ^^^^ Very useful as usual. :eyes:;):zzz:

6. Thanks, I was confused :p but saved you :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wait till you want to reset the service indicator, that will need a trip to the dealer.
    I have around 18,000 miles on mine now and have done everything myself. I don't need Ducati to tell me how to adjust a chain, it is very simple. Ride with the service light on all the time.
    Ducati tell you to go to the dealer because they are a business who make money. Would never take mine to the local dealer (Hampshire) despite Ducati telling me as they are useless.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weird! There are 2 threads with the same title - I replied to the other one.
    Maybe @El Toro could merge them?

9. Same here.

10. You mention Hampshire Ducati, is it Alton or Winchester?

11. Winchester, how they can call themselves a Ducati dealer, I have no idea.

12. Threads merged

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information