1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Mention Of The Desert X Yet?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duke63, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Allegedly coming soon. 7FD5C7E9-C3CD-4F1E-A8CA-9E91F5204752.jpeg

2. New bikes being announced every fortnight 5F950A62-16DC-4D0C-94FD-00489D07D9F9.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It will need to shed at least 30kg, if not 40kg. I also don't see a UK market. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Threads merged

5. Ducati must have one of the busiest marketing machines out there. By miles.

6. Maybe. But I am waiting for a 17" front wheel PP Multi (preferably shorter than an oil tanker..) OR a mini PP with the 950 motor and high spec.
    If BMW beat them to it and bring out an HP with 17" wheel (a real lightweight version) of the GS, then that will be my next mount.
    They all seem to just get bigger and heavier though and more expensive. So not holding my breath in any event.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. All true. Everything is bigger, heavier, harder to work on

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I quite fancy one of these.
    Like everything though, it needs to be fit for purpose.
    It won't be replacing my Multi for 2 up touring, so needs to be properly capable of trails.
    It therefore needs to have decent fuel capacity for longer rides, good options for attaching luggage & satnav, and most importantly crash well.
    what I mean by that is not be made of brittle plastic so that a light off breaks hand guards or body panels, that cost a forune to replace. They need to look at Ktm as an example in this regard. Full set of plastics for my Exc-f is ~100 quid.

The difficult choice is, what do I sell to buy it, as adding another bike might cost me my tackle :dizzy:o_O

9. The new PP will be announced on 28th October. ;)

I have my credit card ready! :laughing:

10. Ducati say that the DesertX will use the 937 liquid cooled engine. That image is of something with an air cooled Scrambler engine.

11. I don't think many/any air cooled engines will get through the next ramp of emissions legislation.

12. I do like the look of it I have to be honest, but I'd never buy it as it's not a style of riding I currently do. If it was thought I'd be looking as a KTM super adventure, the new S and R models get amazing reviews.

And previously owning a 450 EXC I know how cheap they are to maintain and how "crashable" they are, not that this is apples for apples.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It’s a Ducati mock up, clearly they cheap skated it by putting the Scrambler engine in for whatever show they exhibited it at.

Whilst still in the mock up stages the Norden would still take my money even with the 950 engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The press release says it has the 939 (I think?) engine - same as in the Supersport and Hyper, I guess?

If it's light, has good tank range, and decent torque then I'd be very interested in trading my supertanker Enduro. The Enduro is a great touring bike, but realistically it has more performance than I need 95% of the time, and it's too heavy for back lanes or even mild off-roading, unless you're Chris Birch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Absolutely stunning. Adored the Elefante as a kid, remember my cousin wheelieing one repeatedly whilst I shat myself on the back.
    Expect they will over-price it, but if it was a simplified/lighter Multi, but with decent grunt I'd be interested, just for old time sake.
    Does the Cagiva brand still exist, last I recall it was wrapped up with Castiglioni (sp?) family/ MV-A.

16. I'm its UK market. I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Im going to trade up my Himalayan for this, now I have the adventure moto-camping bug. My Multistrada GT felt like a Mondeo compared to the ball wrenching fun of proper edv bikes. Or maybe the Norden…..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information