1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 No Neutral Light 1198 Se Corse

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by aviating cud, Jul 20, 2019.

1. My neutral light has stopped working and due to the interlocks won’t start unless the clutch lever is pulled in. I’ve replaced the neutral switch as the light will come on if I earth the bullet connector which attaches to the switch but I get the same issue. As soon as I reconnect the lead to the the switch I get nothing. I’ve gone up and down the gears too to see if it was just in a false neutral but still nothing. Any advice please?

2. Does it start when you've earthed the bullet (I think the neutral switch simply connects to earth)? On earlier Ducatis, a lot of people just shorted out the switch anyway, as it often lied about neutral!

3. Yes it will, but the neutral light is on all of the time if I earth it which is annoying for such a simple circuit. I was wondering if there was something hidden in the wiring or system that would cause this issue, especially after replacing the neutral switch.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information