1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sweep

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by slumdog, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Time to start the 999, 06 version. Battery charged, key turned to ignition. Results:- tank primed, parking light on, tank pump primes but nothing else. No sweep on the rev counter, no dash lights.
    Anyone have this before or know where the culprit is?
    Thanks in advance. Gulp, am I an idiot for not working this out myself....

2. I have a couple of similar age monsters and they both do what you have described sometimes. All I do is take the key out and then put it back and the bikes start, hey presto ! I hope your problem is as easily solved although you have probably already tried that. Good luck.

3. Don't know, but I'd:
    Try a different key
    Check fuses/contacts
    Disconnect battery for 60 seconds.

Start with the simple stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thought Sweep had died :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Have you tried lifting the dash and removing the connector plug, check and clean the contacts with a contact cleaner and then reconnect and reinstall, quite easy to do and not a bad idea as a winter maintenance task. The fuse for the clocks power supply is the 3A one (fuse D) on the rhs of the four by the headlight assembly, best remove them and reinstall and check them for dirty contacts or simply being blown

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. He did, some bloke kept sticking his hand up sweeps arse, voice went all funny at first and downhill after that

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Does Operation Yewtree know about this? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Having a nap:) DSCN4499[1].JPG

9. Got Sue round as she is the only one who talks any sense, tried the 60-second battery disconnect and it worked! Fantastic and out for a blast .. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Oops .. Still not working, seems that when the indicators are activated the system goes off. The engine was still running and got me home but then at home wouldn't start..
    I have done all the instructions above...any ideas ?

11. Wiggle all the fuses and connectors you can find?
    Sounds as though you have a dodgy connection somewhere and the indicators would be a good place to start.
    Good luck.
    Ps Does left or right indicator make any difference?

12. Thanks for the help .. have had battery box out and checked all connections and fuses, now the lights are pulsing every 2 seconds so maybe a relay .. ?

13. Could be a bad earth somewhere.
    Literally every 2 seconds?
    Could it be the flasher unit pulsing??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information