1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Time To Die 007

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wassy, Sep 29, 2021.

1. I like a bit of Bond so going to see it at the local flea pit on Friday night. Fingers crossed it lives up to all the hype.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’m going to see it tomorrow afternoon :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Saw a cinema trailer for it earlier this week. Looks familiar & probably a jolly romp:)

4. I'm hoping to get to the cinema to watch this at the weekend.

I like to do big films at the cinema first if I can, rare I bother nowadays but C'mon this is bond, our best export.

5. I agree, if you can you should watch Bond on the big screen first. My next door neighbour processed and edited this film a while back, he’s even credited on all the film he processes. He’s on the Star Wars credits and always goes to the U.K. premiers the jammy git. I’m not envious at all……..:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think my next door neighbour is a bank clerk......his Mrs is the bread winner doing...erm....something.....

I'm envious of your neighbours :joy:

7. Standard tradecraft, I bet they both work for MI5.

"Your neighbour worked on 007 movie? Cool. Mine is 004 and his missus is 005."

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Could be….

Have you seen “The Americans”? It’s an Amazon series set in the 1980s where a pair of KGB agents are sent to live in suburban Washington DC posing as a typical American married couple with kids as part of the USSR’s “Illegals” program. The Illegals program was and actually may still be a “thing” as several Russian agents living under false IDs in the States were unmasked and deported in IIRC 2011.

It’s very very good (IMO).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Americans (contains spoilers).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program

#8 Zhed46, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Got tickets for this for Friday but mrs is going for a flu jab tomorrow so if she’s feeling a bit squiffy afterwards there might be a spare ticket going ;):joy:

10. :joy:

Reminds me of what I used to tell my youngest daughter :joy:

I used to say to her that I don't really do what mummy thinks I do, I actually go and fight baddies the world over hence the travel, I just told her it was our little secret.

Two weeks later she told her entire assembly :joy::joy:

Luckily I didn't have to kill them all as I was joking....

Or was I :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. I saw it being filmed in Matera.

Not all of it of course, just a tiny bit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Never seen a single Bond movie, never will, let me guess, some tyrant wants to destroy/control the world, nobody can stop him but a secret English agent who does it amidst shagging anything in a bikini, nearly gets killed but wins the day and the elusive bit of muff that's been taunting him all the way through the film. Am I close? Oh, must be an exotic car/chase thrown in somewhere?

13. One of my aunts is from Matera. She was born and lived in the “sassi” till she was 11yo.

14. I have to lol when he walks into a hotel or bar and the staff immediately recognise the not so secret secret agent. It’s also well know that the secret services ideal agent is someone anonymous and nondescript looking who will blend into the background.

However, the most far fetched thing is that he somehow manages to get petrol for his Aston when he’s in the uk. “No, Mr Bond, I expect you to take the bus…”

I do enjoy the films though as they’re beautifully shot in some amazing locations.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shit British soap opera.

Dune is FTW !

16. Johnny English films 1000 times better, only time I have ever witnessed a Cinema crowd standing and clapping at the end of a movie.

17. Yes but watch in a cinema or wait for it to be on Netflix/Amazon?

18. What's "FTW"?

19. For the win

20. It is good. Enjoyed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information