1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Word Superbike Round In The States Next Year

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Nov 7, 2018.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. Dorna will chase cash anywhere!

Wonder of the CEO is friends with Musk?

#2 bradders, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. Bugger - was hoping to coincide family holiday with it :-/

3. Isn't that circuit having huge localised noise issues?

4. Good, watching riders go over the corkscrew is the only thing of any merit about the entire venue. The place should never have had an international event in the first place. Nothing is up to par.
    Wont miss this one

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I always wondered how Laguna got a race but Brands Hatch didn't. Cash I guess? I know Jonathon Palmer played hard-ball with various series organisers over fees so maybe that's why? I'm sure at the time it lost GPs, WSB etc. lack of facilities and run off etc. was blamed though.

6. I have to humbly disagree. I went to multiple MotoGP events there and it was one of my favourites on the calendar. From the top of he hill at Turn 2 you can see all but 3 turns on the circuit. The people, food and drink was all good, the racing exciting, the weather great (minus early AM pacific fog) and yes, The Corkscrew! Also, the area around there (Big Sur, Carmel, Pacific Coast Highway) is world class. The riders loved it. I'd be interested to hear what you found to dislike so much.

7. I am a TV critic, not been to this one, but...
    #The facilities are canvas and not up to scratch. Interesting you say the riders like it, i wonder if they say the same in the bar afterwards.
    #The marshalls do not appear to be up to snuff.
    #The circuit conditions are not always great.
    #Its in america.
    #They only seem to be interested in running the class's that interest them.

I'm glad you like the surrounding countryside but thats not relevant to a televised race meeting.
    As it happens , my sister has been there and also loved the area, especially Carmel but, like me, thought the race meeting was horrible.

8. Good to hear LS is on. Went there in 06 on way back from travelling. Really enjoyed it. views of the track from vantage point - near top of hill as said could see great chunk of race from one place. Corkscrew was out of this world - had trouble standing up trying to work out how they race it!!! Catering was amazing, really great selection of quality food at good prices. Local fans were really hospitable. Camping was great with heated showers and bus to venue. Good off track entertainment with fmx, Schwantz and Vermulen signed my t shirt. Had a great time. Although from memory dont recall what races were on before, or if many tv screens but do remember lots of locals taking their bikes to the weekend on back of a trailer! Almost as weird as the US bastardisation of the queens English.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information