1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Noise From Rear Hub

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by ibb1, Aug 31, 2018.

1. I had a call today to say my bike is ready to be collected after having the clutch recall etc and they said it is making a slight rubbing sound from the rear hub, which I thought was normal as it has done it since new, does anyone else’s bike do this?, they also said they doubted it would be a warranty issue and that I should speak to the supplying dealer, don’t really know the best way to proceed, they also said that when they did the first service it has been overfilled with oil slightly.

2. Just saw this. If the noise is a clicking sound then its a wheel bearing and it needs looking at.

3. ive seen this on the v4 facebook group. its not been resolved yet but effects a few.

4. Does anyone have any idea what causes it?, I’ve not had the time to take the bike out for a couple of weeks but was planning to today.
    I’ve no idea if Ducati are aware of the issue or what to do about it.

5. I had a rear bearing replaced very quickly on my 1299.. in my mind it’s due to the forces through the single sided arm

6. It doesn’t do it when it’s cold and not been ridden but when I’ve been out on it, like earlier and push it back in the garage, I can hear it kind of clicking.
    Anyone think it’s worth trying to get it replaced under warranty with 1700 miles on it or just pay and put a new bearing in?.

7. its under warranty. dont ride it until the dealer has diagnosed it and repaired it!

8. I suppose the ABS type of sensor is used, rather than the old style of pips on the disc that could hit the sensor, if the gap was non existent.

9. Out of interest how long did the hearing last on your 1299?, did Ducati quibble doing it under warranty?, I am thinking 1700 miles is a bit off a piss take for bearing failure.

I’m going to call the supplying dealer tomorrow and see what gives, I’m guessing it doesn’t matter that I ended up having the first service and recalls done at another official Ducati dealer as it was easier for me to at the time?.

10. It was within the first 1500 miles mate

Do Not Sell My Personal Information