1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise Testing Is Back At Snetterton, And Its Good News For Me!

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Grayrobs, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Since the 'you know what' has been going on noise testing has been off the cards at Snetterton. Well, as of yesterday they decided to start again. As this is my first year on the 1199 for track days, I was somewhat concerned that although MSV have a statement on their website that Panigale's with standard pipes will be allowed to go on track after failing the static noise test, I wasn't completely convinced that this would happen when it actually was put to the test

I lined up first thing and guess what, noise tested at 104db static with completely standard pipes. Much to my relief (as I didn't fancy an argument that morning) the very pleasant noise tester said I failed, but as it was a Panigale he would give me a pass sticker but I would get black flagged if the drive by was triggered. I was more than happy with this outcome, as I've done 4 track days at Snetterton this year and never set it off. I then proceeded to have a super day until it pissed it down at 3.00pm

What a pleasure to be noise tested by someone that knows the policy and implements it correctly. I should say that people on various other makes were failing the noise test and told to put a baffle in, and get re-test. That happened to four bikes just while I was sat in the queue.

Chapeau! to MSV and their staff training.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information