1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Exausts

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by xander296, Aug 4, 2018.

1. well i'm f@@ked then:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. And me only just put a pipe on

3. Hey enjoy it while you can before the killjoys completely screw it:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I suspect it's a combination of things

The nimby's claiming motorcycles are loud whilst buying their kids 50cc scooters who then put on motorcycle end cans,
    the normal piece disturbed by any loud noise, bike, plane etc will seem louder than it as as quiet is the norm
    and kids again, parents buying their kids moto crossers then acting like they didn't know the kids were going to ride on the moors, greenland and public land.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Changes to the MoT introduced in May require testers to ensure that where fitted, aftermarket exhausts are no louder than the original equipment. Not had mine tested under the new system so will have to wait and see how my preferred tester implements it. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have a Buell S1W ..... so i'm f@@ked on that one as well:(

• Like Like x 2
  7. The ones with straight through exhausts, quite possibly, who knows ? Andy

8. Just Love the sound of a HD engine:yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was given a New road king in 1999.a very interesting experience:upyeah:

10. It's only a rag tag blurb from that rag that's the Times. Don't forget guys it's silly season,
    Ministers will soon be back and have a lot more to consider than noisy exhausts.

#11 Carr01, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. It was the 1450cc twincam new engine at that time in blue/silver and white wall tyres:Dgagging order signed bike handed over:upyeah:

12. Like Brexit;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. you can ask........

14. Has anyone been for the new mot with an aftermarket termignoni or such yet? Did it pass or fail

15. every cloud....

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. Ha ha I like it

17. Took my 2007 Harley for MOT on 5th July. The bike when sold to previous owner had Vance and Hines pipes fitted. Every MOT it has had up until last one (including while I have owned it) has 'Exhaust a bit noisy' advisories.

This time, my usual tester passed it with no advisories - I asked why.

He said it is no longer a requirement to note it as an advisory, only fail it if the noise is excessive.

He also says 'How the hell am I supposed to know how loud every bike was when it left the factory?'

Mind you, the new motorcycle rules also says the baby seat has to be securely fixed, and that the track rod ends should not show any signs of excessive play.

I ain't joking - he showed me the MOT Tester's check list on his computer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I took my street fighter 848 with an austin racing pipe on it for a MOT in June ,it passed without baffles last year ,i have put baffles in this year ,Moto Rapido
    said it will not pass ,so took it to a local garage who failed it on the spot ,so have had to put standard pipes back on ,which i prefer so do my ears

19. I had the same conversation when MOTing the Scrambler this week. Tester said, "I seem to remember they were all this loud, so it must be OK". :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information