1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non Bike: Underseal Japanese Import

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by "Its_just_a_ride", Feb 18, 2020.

1. Hi, been a while. Not ridden since September when crushed my digit. Now recovered but in the meantime I acquired a Japanese import (Toyota Granvia 3.4 V6) which appears to be a bare chassis underneath. I'm looking around to get it undersealed and nearest place does Dinitrol treatment at a price.

Anyone got any experience of having this type of work done? This vehicle would last us 5-10 years ideally.

2. Yep definitely get it done. Japs are known for tinworm

3. That's the impression I get. Dinitrol seems highly regarded in most cases. theres some mention of it being a job best left for milder weather so that vehicle dries properly after steam cleaning.

I'll see if I can get the bloke who actually does it on the phone. Spoke to the office girl when I called initially.

4. I get it done on all my classics There are different levels of it, I get the best (a three day job) on all of them. Gives me peace of mind in the winter My mechanic really rated it when he saw it on one of my cars for the first time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. I sealed up my last project will definitely be doing the daily during the summer when I get a chance

FEF0014D-FAD0-4653-8731-4D44B0691192.jpeg

03D836C4-6EB4-4783-BD33-D9E951D709C4.jpeg

6B57A83A-71DD-49F9-83A5-0985281E8BDB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2

6. I've booked it in for a 3 day Dinitrol treatment in a couple of weeks.

I've been out in it a couple of times in the recent wetness but hopefully avoided the bulk of the salt with it being so wet!

I'm feeling slightly precious about using it between now and getting it sealed up... Is this excessively paranoid? I know it can't disintegrate overnight but am I setting myself up for a fail getting wintery spray all over the shop or will the prep work at treatment centre get shut of all that?

Cheers

7. What they can't clean off before treatment is already there, don't worry in the meantime :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Cheers, I would travel if there was nobody local. JR Classics at Doncaster came recommended but he does Waxoyl at a higher cost than the place near me that does Dinitrol. For my bare chassis Dinitrol seems most appropriate from what I've read now.

9. Yes, excessively paranoid. They clean and dry it really well before they treat it. I'd drive away for a, couple of weeks without a second thought

10. Ta. Road tripping in it this weekend to Wales. It's been converted to a camper hence the slightly excessive paranoia as spent a few bob on it and want to extract the value back out of it now.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information