1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Tyre Question.

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by kirks1989, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Morning all,

Sorry to sound stupid but after predominantly using my hyper on track last year when should I be replacing the tyres? Track riding was all new to me last year so thought I’d ask opinions.

The Supercorsa tyres on my bike still have tread left, but both front and rear are very blue. I appreciate that they have been through some heat cycles but at what point with they be useless?

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Kirks

2. When they run out of grip! On a serious note now... Depending on lots of factors. You should feel them moving around more than normal if you have a good feeling with the bike. If it’s purely track use and in the dry the tread depth is pretty irrelevant other than perhaps using it as a gauge on how worn out the tyre is. The other factor is profile, especially on tracks that say have more right or left corners. Take Brands Indy as an example! your definitely going to cook the right side of the tyre quicker. Also depends on how well the bike suspension is working on any given track and analyse any degradation. So really hard to tell unless you know what your looking for. My advice would be to have a chat with some regular track guys or tyre guru for some advice. It’s pretty important to get right. Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information