1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Wales 05.05.19

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by CINNABULL, May 7, 2019.

1. Myself on me little Street Triple RS went out with a good bunch of lads on Sunday. Phil, my main ride buddy on his BMW S1000RR, Dave on his brand spanking 1260s Diavel, Colin on an XDiavel, another Stuart and John, both on Multistradas.

Left Warrington about 10 ish and straight onto the M56 towards Wales. A few miles in and it started to rain, WT actual F?. Tempted to turn round and come back but it cleared a bit, and by Chester services we could see broken blue sky over the Welsh hills. Carried on to Bala. When we pulled into the stop by the lake there was only 1 other bike in there. However, by the time we had left a few more had parked up.

A fast (ish) run from Bala into Barmouth where we had a leg stretch break on the harbour. Traffic camera was out in the usual lay-by a few miles out of Barmouth, but plenty of oncoming flashing and warning us which was good. Then onto The Victoria Inn for a spot of lunch and a Peroni.

Down the coast road towards Portmadog then into the hills to get to Betws Y Coed. The A470 into Betws is just sublime. Coffee in Betws then a scuttle home for tea. Forgot to take any pics as I was enjoying the day so much, but will try better next time !!

Stuart

• Like Like x 3
  2. I saw the pics that Dave, Col and Stuart took - looked great Stu :upyeah:

3. Yeah it was a great day overall Tez. Dave is loving his new Diavel, hey you’ve got one now as well haven’t you? If so how you finding it?

Stuart

4. I'm still getting use to the bulk of the thing, as when you're moving it around from a standstill it takes some shoving about. It's a good 70kg more than the Panigale was, so I'm careful moving it in/around the garage.

But once I'm sat on it and/or moving then it's a fantastic bike and more than ample for the UK's roads. And I love all the tech on it.

So far I've only done 650 miles on it in four weeks but I'll be taking it to Italy in 3 weeks so that'll be the time that I'll get to know the ins and outs of handling it.

5. Well here ya go, one of Daves

Stuart

6E65D609-CC22-4F3A-91DC-DC29E75A44D2.jpeg

D93CF21B-26DA-4D67-9B58-6D75E681648A.jpeg

#5 CINNABULL, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I saw that Col was on his XD, he must be saving the Diavel for Italy is he?

7. Think he may be having Termis on it tbh, not sure why he wasnt out on his new one though mate.

Stuart

8. Haha, yeah they are a big lump aint they. Mine feels like a kids toy in comparison. However, once they are on the move all that bulk seems to disappear and they go well. I’d love a new version, but I will have to wait for s/h prices to come down some before I jump again. I’m loving the Striple atm to be honest. Dave certainly loves his and he can shift on it as well. Is it WDW again in Italy, or just a jolly ?

Stuart

9. He's already got the Termis fitted. When he came round mine last Sunday he was showing me where he'd scraped the bottom of it already :p

It's just a jolly but we'll be going to the Mugello MotoGP on the Sunday, then a day out and a couple of laps around Imola the following day - there's about 20 of us going again but it'll be the first time for Col and Dave to Mugello :)

10. Ah now then, he was saying he’s having a new spring fitted to the rear shock so it doesnt bottom out on corners, maybe thats why he was out on the X ?

Stuart

11. Less pies would do the same thing ;)

12. I'll let you be the one to tell him that !!

Stuart

13. I've told him :)

14. How are you enjoying in the Street Triple? Had a test ride last weekend and very tempted.

15. You know what, and I dont say this lightly, its quite possibly the best bike I’ve had. And I’ve had loads.

Its comfy, handles like a dream, stops very VERY well, economical, really everything is just brilliant. After 8 thou the motor really becomes lively and it takes off like a scalded cat. On this tour of duty round Wales Dave (1260s Diavel) said he was shocked just how quick it was. He actually said it was hard to keep up with it, I just hope he was telling the truth !!

Build quality is really good as well. Having had a Diavel myself I’d say its deffo a notch up. TFT dash is nice, and you even get a choice of about 6 different dash designs which you can change at will.

Mine has a few nice extras as well that make it nicer overall. Tail tidy, rad guard, frame protectors, Arrow can, screen, just little bits that personalise it. I cant see me wanting anything else at the mo, I just love it and always get off with a grin on me face.

Also, if you get one from Youles, they guarantee all major engine and gearbox components for life. Not to be sniffed at.

If you go for the RS version as well, you get some nice bits as standard, Ohlins, Brembo, quickshifter etc.

Stuart

16. I have to say Stu, when someone says a product/part (any type product and/or part) is guaranteed for life it makes me chuckle.

Who’s life? Yours? Theirs? The product? The part?

And as and when the products/parts fail isn’t that the end of its life? So in effect it’s guaranteed till it breaks.

The statement is worthless. HTH :D

17. Its for as long as I have the bike, and I have it serviced to maintain warranty. It covers stuff like pistons, crank, gears etc. Its a safeguard for me, but even though i have no immediate desire to sell the bike, i reckon the average owner will shift every 2,3, or 4 years. Theres probably not many bike that pop in that period so i suppose its just summat to get a sale. But if it goes pop at 2 and a half years old and i still have it then its worth its weight i suppose.

Stuart

18. Did you buy yours brand new?

I have had a couple of rides on them. The one last weekend was longer and on roads I know and I was mightily impressed. Sadly I am starting to feel Sportsbikes are too much like hard work but I want a light bike, that handles well, goes like stink, is comfier than a Sportsbike but still has plenty of bells and whistles. This ticked all those boxes. It's very well finished too and the engine is an absolute peach. It would commute on those days were I want to do it, with ease.

If I could add it to my Multistrada I would be very happy.

19. Mine was a demo bike, think it was 9 months old when I got it. Previous to this I had a BMW S1000RR which was an awesome tool in its own right. Smoothest most powerful motor I have ever experienced. But, the whole thing was way overkill in every area on our roads, and that where I do 100% of my riding. Chopped it for the Stripple and never looked back.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  20. That is what i am thinking more and more. So many new bikes are getting so powerful that as a road bike they make very little sense. Expensive to buy and run and you cannot use even half of their capability on the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information