1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North West 200

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by its me, Dec 3, 2018.

1. I've booked the ferries and hotels for 2019.
    We've never been before so:
    1. Any recommendations for best viewing areas.
    2. Is it free viewing or do you need tickets.
    3. Some suggestions for places to visit inbetween racing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’ve been a few times. I’m from NIreland and still have family over there. The grandstand at the start /finish line is good but you’ll have to pay extra. Mathers Cross and Metropole corner are good spots, and you can walk from Metropole up to the start with lots of good vantage points. Ballysally roundabout and York corner is good too. I’m thinking of going myself if time permits. Enjoy it, wherever you go :)

upload_2018-12-4_7-56-51.png

3. Can I please ask about how you got on with costs etc. for ferry and hotels? Are you staying locally? SWMBO is nagging to go, and I think 2019 I need to make that happen.

4. Thanks for the info. I'll check these out tonight :upyeah::bucktooth:

5. Ferry price is cheap, the main costs are the hotels.
    We're staying on route and on the return in Scotland we're the hotel prices are sensible.
    inevitably at this time of the year the hotels are more expensive for the NW. I left the bookings in Ireland to the Boss then she can't blame me for being a cheap skate and booking a dump!:rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I went last year. It was absolutely brilliant. The weather was amazing (which is rare apparently) Watching Jeremy McWilliams on the Super Twins was my favorite bit. But it was all great. Those boys are fekkin insane! Great to watch.
    Can't recommend hotels as I stay with friends in Downpatrick and we rode over.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've been a few times and can recommend watching the racing from the Grandstand, where you can see the big screen. I tend to go to York corner for the Thursday night races and the Grandstand start finish line (opposite the paddock side closest to York corner) for the Saturday races. Metropole corner is good if you can get a grandstand ticket. If you are in the Grandstand then take some warm clothes as you rather exposed if you are high up, the wind accross the Atlantic ocean can be seriously cold. Go to the fireworks display on the Saturday night at Port Stewart, it's a good show.

8. Thank you all for the suggestions and advice. I plan to watch them all now on you tube etc. During the cold dark nights over the next few days.:motorcycleduc::D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information