1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Speak to a car dealer that brings in Japanese car imports - he will show you how to beat but work with the "system"

2. Just read through from the start, beyond fascinating and totally captivating. Wish I had looked at it sooner.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. It will never go near a road...:rolleyes:
    It will spend its days being used as a lamp, ashtray or perhaps a sellotape dispenser,,,:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  4. Some do, some don't, this most defiantly will :D
    Promised myself a first IOM trip when it's done, probably to the Manx, don't know how far off that trip will be though :Wideyed:
    Unless, mmmm, it would make a nice bookshelf :Smuggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ive kinda built one from scratch....built a GSXR 7-11 years ago out of an ex race bike and associated bits....it has no v5 and once I built it up a nice man from the DVLA turned up, looked over it and then issued the v5 which meant I could go and get an mot then tax and insurance...so if anyone sees Q616REU ever...that's mine that was!! Scariest thing ive ever owned...

However - that's how it used to be - quite some time ago...

6. Swing Arm Pivot housings fettled by Chad today and jigged ready for welding tomorrow :D

IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2103.JPG IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. Looks old ...

8. More welding today - big :upyeah: to Chad.

IMG_2113.JPG IMG_2121.JPG IMG_2123.JPG

9. And it is back home for the next stage of the build, but I seem to need to make some room :mad:

IMG_2125.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. v.nice. and it's excellent as well. Buuuuuuut. is that center cambox bolt 4mm to the left off-center?

11. No, the engines are not central on the GPZ and everything is lined up from the original head stock and down tubes/front emgine mounts :) It's more like 5mm offset actually ;)
    We measured all the alignments and all within 1mm or less in X,Y & Z - far more accurate than a production bike, clever chap that Chad

12. salesman aint bad either :Angelic::smileys:.
    looking good tho exe. looking forward to the net installment. :upyeah:

13. Looking forward to seeing this project finished. Will it be Godier-Genoud green and white?

14. So will I, it will be a long haul :Wideyed: :upyeah:
    It will be in Kawasaki Green & White :) the team that won the world championship in 1981 with the original bike was a works team run by Kawasaki France.

22_06_23_kawasaki%20065.jpg DSCN3427kr1000.jpg

15. I think these are the Godier-Genoud colours on the privateer bikes, similar scheme but the bikes were very much different in design - not sure what frames they used but Kawasaki only made 3 of the one I'm replicating I think...

img201203310036361202.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Note the shape at the front corners and rear.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Remember the KOOL Kawasaki's from when I went to the Bol in '82, fantastic bikes in their day and you couldn't help getting a big buzz as they screamed down the Mistral Straight.

• Like Like x 1
  18. What about the wiring Stu?

19. I haven't got a clue at the moment as it is so far away - I will probably draft it out as I think then get you to check / amend and assemble a harness - it will be minimal like my Z1 but with added headlights and brake light on the rear running light. I think the original had a rear reflector and constant red rear running light. Will need to review the daytime MOT requirements as I don't want rear lights other than the running light. I may change my mind but it depends what I can do without spoiling the overall look I am after. The first bike is a heavily modified / update take on the original so not too constrained really as I would be on an exact replica. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information