1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Daytime mot now is just a spedo and horn no lights,i left my brake light wired but my mot man told me to cover it with tape.

2. Id rather have lights and a full MOT.

3. I'm expecting this:
    FB_IMG_1480714935724.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. You just got me confused with Chiz Bunny :Facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Managed to get my arse in to gear for 30 mins :D and moved the frame into a more user friendly environment today. Nothing was happening with it stuck in the garage! Finally made use of my second Abba stand too!
    Ordered some stainless plate for the rear engine mount.
    First job is to get the stem sorted to fit the frame so I can get the front forks on - this will then allow accurate rear swing arm alignment.

IMG_2191.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. Rear Engine Mount fettled today in stainless - just needs a polish.

image1.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  7. Its about time you pulled your finger out

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Exige
    Just had a quick flick through this thread and will have a better read later.
    You are doing a great job.

I came to Ducati's @ 3 years ago having been into Z1000's for many years, and the build you are doing was a plan I also had but never got around to it.
    I did however build the model.
    DSCF0001.JPG

And as if you needed any more inspiration, these are the two images that I had printed out beside my desk for years to try and spur me into action.
    IGOA.jpg
    kr1000.jpg

Unfortunately I sold off the parts I'd gathered when I sold the last of my Zeds, as I had some genuine front discs and a pair of Dymag wheels.

Nasher

9. I built the model too in the early 80's :) My plan is to build a replica and a modern take on the bike too, the modern version coming first. I love the look of them but the Harris and other similar replica's never look right due to frame and tank shape - so I began the task of replicating the frame a few years ago, had a 2 year sabbatical but back onto it now... slowly :upyeah:

10. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. Not enough cowbell, keith?

12. Zed? KR :smileys:

13. I had hair when you started this project.

14. I had a bit too way back then! Had a long sabbatical :D but its moving slowly again now, wait till I get to trying to make the fuel tank - if you think this is slow :Wideyed:

15. Are you an otter :Wideyed:

16. otters dont go eek, they go splosh.

17. I think you will find they either go Eek Eek or Splosh, perhaps not just one Eek.
    Eek Eek when the see finm-a-coming and Splosh when they jump in the Loch :)

18. more splosh than eek. i know stuff about otters. some of my best friends are otters.

19. " harris just never looked right ".......:eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information