1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Blimey, that looks like an Essex birds knuckle duster, you been dating darn sarfend way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wheel at the front? Check, Wheel at the rear? Check. Yup dem be aligned

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Wheel Alignment jig finished already :eek:

I now know what sized spacers are needed :)

The nice surprise was due to the Ducati Frame to Swing arm offset, with the wheels in line the front sprocket is only 1mm out of line with the rear - this saves having to machine the rear sprocket carrier to correct any alignment error which is a stroke of luck!

IMG_2736.JPG IMG_2734.JPG IMG_2735.JPG IMG_2726.JPG IMG_2728.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lookin good

5. Thanks :) need to sort the top shock mount so the Pensk unit clears the tyre (looks tricky) and then the swing arm lower mount - then I'll be in touch and pop over for more welding trickery :):upyeah:
    What grade is best for the ali to match the swing arm do you think?

6. Nick Anderson (Road Racer) saw my frame pics today and wants to race it when (if) it's finished. He's just had 2 second places at Oliver's Mount and is running at the Manx Classic in a few weeks.
    I think that would be a splendid idea o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. He must have a lot of patience.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. He's young :):upyeah:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. Right, no work but much pondering today. Wheels set at roughly the right height and Penske Shock tie wrapped in place.
    Bins came in handy too :)

IMG_2764c.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Much pondering do this projects require...:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hey, I fitted 2 temporary tie wraps too you know :innocent:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Right - more 'no' progress to report...

Been pondering the rear shock mount and shock to swing arm geometry for a while now :thinkingface: and have come to the conclusion that my beautiful Penske shock won't be any good for the project.
    So now I will be on the look out for an Ohlin's Remote Reservoir unit I think :worried:

KR1000 Rear Shock mounting position.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. So its taken 6 months to crayon some yellow dotted lines on a picture?:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Didn't you know yellow crayons are hard to get hold of.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yes, Birdie knows how hard they are to get hold of :):upyeah:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Can we limit the posting in this thread to the bi-annual report from the OP?

It'll get cluttered otherwise and we may end up needing to go on to Page 2 of the thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I’m guessing an Ohlins TTX36 off the 1098R is wrong for mounting on the right hand side of the frame ? Andy

18. No, it would mount but the attached reservoir would be in the way which is the issue with the Penske...

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information