1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. your kiddin..... how many alias's can one prick have!

2. You could use an ST2 rear shock (remote reservoir) as a pattern before spending fortune on Ohlins

3. True - I could also use a bit of wood which might be cheaper and is my usual train of thought :):upyeah:
    I am manufacturing the upper and lower mounts so having a shock beforehand might be better though.

4. I have an ST2 shock you could borrow if you like and return it when finished. A 3 month loan should be long enough even with your speedy record:):upyeah:.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 3 months
    Appreciate the offer, if I get stuck I'll give you a shout

6. Spacers done today for the now centralised swing arm alignment :)

IMG_3837.JPG

• Love You Love You x 1
  7. I think I have solved my shock clearance problems with a little purchase this evening - a Nitron NTR R3 Race Shock.
    Just need PayPal to unstick my transaction - hate it when the say Pending for no reason :rolleyes:

Nitron 1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. It's blue. No good.

Cancel that transaction, dude.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. The spring will change, we have the power!

(Crayons) :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. This will work perfectly after all my dilemmas figuring out how to get the Penske unit to fit.

Tie wrapped on for now, a bit of frame surgery for the upper mount and swing arm chopping for the lower mount - this shock gives me the option to play with the reservoir mount and adjuster to look cool too :cool:

Spring will be plastic coated in a graphite grey I think :thinkingface: I like it a lot o_O

IMG_3887.JPG IMG_3891.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. i like this thread. im gonna build a special when ive done my house, in 10 years or more :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cool, just as I'm finishing o_O:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Corrected :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I'd just leave it attached with tie wraps. It'll be fine. :) :imp:

15. I meant finishing in 10 years dilbert o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You'd leave the tie wraps, Creamy would chop it up with his Angle Grinder / geeze :rolleyes:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I know, my comment stands. :yum

18. I'll finish that bike in ...... 9 :yum

19. :thinkingface:

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 21.39.32.png

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information