1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. You build bike's like chiz tours Europe. Poorly.

Get your damned house in order.

2. He did rather well, I have a lot to live up to :eyes:

3. Meh.

He didn't even start one revolution.

Not even one!

4. Give it a few days, it might just kick off yet :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spent 2 evenings playing with rear ride height and chain to swingarm clearance - don’t know exactly where I want to be so I have designed in as much adjustment as possible with 3 lower mount points. Along with the shock ride height adjuster it gives me full range between the lower and upper settings. Will attack with drill this weekend after a little more pondering, it will end up a bit different to this sketch :thinkingface:

42589D0D-E519-4BBC-93CE-9A85EAB3043C.jpeg

#525 Exige, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lower mount finished for welding in - just need to check the top chain run for clearance (might have to drop the bottom half of the engine in to check :thinkingface: but will try and do it by measurement first) - hopefully I have built enough adjustment into everything without needing major surgery. The swing arm is currently on the second lowest out of 4 positions, the shock on the highest out of 3 with the ride height adjuster on the shock on the lowest position. A large rear sprocket may also help if extra clearance is needed. The pub is beckoning as a reward I think o_O

IMG_5546.JPG IMG_5547.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  7. Flipping impressed with this, I’m going pub later as well as I think it deserves a toast, bloody impressive work

8. What is it?

9. Shhhhh :thinkingface:

10. You have a ghost...
    20190622_144728.jpg

11. Soz!

What is it?

12. I spotted that, shit mesen, but left it in for entertainment :blush:

13. Love the stabilizers:upyeah:

14. Yeh, no wheels now :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Engine dropped in, although it's piston-less at the moment, quite a struggle but needed to check sprocket requirement and alignment.

I would rather go for a 525 chain instead of a 530 - it would need a 525 offset sprocket on the front but with the GPz Unitrack A1 spline fitment
    ANYONE KNOW WHO MAKES THEM AS SPECIALS?

IMG_5562.JPG

16. Looking good :) :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Might be worth a call to "Supersprox". Used to make whatever size sprocket you wanted for just about any bike years ago. Don't know if they still do that sort of work but don't as don't get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks, I checked their web site today - they don't deal direct with customers now, only through distributors - and the distributor link doesn't work on their web site!

19. John Hemming Engineering if he's still going could probably make something.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Talon may be worth a look

Do Not Sell My Personal Information