1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Thanks, have them listed to call :):upyeah:

2. B&C express

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Had a ring around this morning - nothing doing, but the B&C Express guy said buy the 530 one that I mentioned and grind it down to 525 - of course the pitch is the same so I will go for this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Been playing - now it's on it's wheels this was the first time I had the opportunity to position the tank and seat unit in position and balance the fairing roughly in place. The tank needs a bit more meat between the frame but is sat correct now, the seat unit is fine too (it actually stops slightly shorter than the rear wheel but the pictures make it look longer :eyes:). The fairing needs a fair bit of surgery but I will get the mounts worked out first before attacking it. The fairing was originally made for a KR1000 replica using a Harris frame in Germany and is pretty much cock-on apart from the side bits that will need shortening and re shaping :thinkingface:

IMG_5564.JPG IMG_5563.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. More pics...

IMG_5571.JPG IMG_5572.JPG IMG_5573.JPG IMG_5570.JPG

6. Like the green one:):upyeah:

7. I'll do it Green then, good idea :bucktooth:

8. Would that be Kawasaki green:blush:

9. Kork Ballington colours which i think is very similar as the picture,

10. No, VW Apple Green is a closer match :yum

38303119-284-640x480.jpg

11. Crikey mate,wouldn't that look great,and the completion date by this christmas:p

12. Which Christmas :thinkingface: at least it's progressing for now :eyes:

13. I thought "That seat unit looks massive" o_O in red. A different proposition in green with the number board. :) :upyeah:

14. Yeh, close up with a wide angle phone camera throws everything out of proportion too :scream:

15. how are you gonna wire in the horn?

16. After the rest of the loom - I have a diagram from Liz now :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. who?..
    :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Just bought an RSV-R front mudguard off Ebay for £40 - I think I will be able to cut it down to suit the style of the bike more and maintain the fork leg mounts if I strengthen it underneath :thinkingface: also ordered aluminium tube and bar for the upper fairing stay, get this in place and I can fathom out the final fairing position and lower mounts, then the headlight mounts and oil cooler mounts can be worked out :)

19. Is that your excuse when you take a selfie? :thinkingface:

20. I don't take selfies :thinkingface:

there's some good advice for you :scream:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information