1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. It's going to be the one in the opening post on the Tamiya box, also behind the picture of the shock - works Kawasaki run by Kawasaki France. I will post some clearer pictures so you can see it a little clearer soon.

2. I think there was a time when Godier Genoud were the official Kawasakis, but then maybe a few years later Kawasaki France represented themselves. What year would the original bike be?

3. 1981, the works bikes won the championship in 1981 and 1982

4. Here's the actual 1981 bike...

o0800053210310548357.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. G n G,, one of my all time fav bikes,,,, apparently the fairing kits are still available, tho be careful which one you go for , I saw a lot o them back in the day when I used to go to the Bol Dor meetings and some of them looked real lean whilst others looked far too bulky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, btw, I am in a place called Peterhead, near a place called Aberdeen which is in a country called Scotland,,you may not have heard of it ( tho we were in the news a bit recently :) ) but just keep going on up the A1 past Geordie land and over a few bridges and when it starts to get really cold then you are prob just about there !!

6. Will you be going to Spa next July , that bike belongs at the Bikers Classic

7. And a pe
    Not G&G - works Kawasaki ;) G&G weren't quite so pretty but looked similar, they were earlier with the original Z1 engine I think but may have raced in 1981 too. I think only 2 were built + spares for Endurance Racing :this is why I'm making my own :Happy: well 2.

A period shot...

perf_a10.jpg

8. well I can see why you want one of them !!!!!!!!!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Doubt it will be anywhere near completed by then as I'm building two in tandem, one period and one with modern running gear. The period one I have to manufacture most of the parts, the frame & tank for both of course, but for the period one I have to do the radial brake callipers and anti dive, also the swing arm.
    I have sort of promised myself the Isle of Man in 2016 as I've never been - I want to go on this so that is my target.

#50 Exige, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  10. a few of my 1980 Z1o00 mk 2,, yosh pistons,works honda 3/4 fairing, honda seat unit,, marzoch , davida etc etc,,, loved it !! :)sorry about the qual

11. A Z1000MK2?

12. Beat me to it by a second :Happy:

13. accelerate like an exocet missile,, stop on a sixpence,, but would not go round corners , despite the davida and much bracing on the frame !!! still I loved her :Shamefullyembarrased: , had two biggies and gave her up before she killed me, (, hahah ,, always the woman to blame,, never my fault !! ) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and 3 Bol Dors on her ,, last time went from circuit paul ric to dover in one jump !! :eek:

14. The Engine I have for my KR1000 (2nd bike with modern running gear) has been dynode at 155 BHP at the rear wheel - not bad for an 8 valve head, so I hope it will handle at least a little bit...

15. roller bearing crank or later shells ? roller bearing was better I think

16. Roller bearing crank, they didn't use plain bearings in these engines?

17. I know they did come in about that time tho not sure ex when,, but so long as you have the roller that is all that matters :) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    to expand a little,, not trying to tell you what to do,, ok . but you are going to have trouble keeping that thing " as original ", as mentioned, anti dive / brakes , forks, rear swing arm, wheels , headlight units etc w.h.y. ,, do you not fancy, for the second one, going Harris frame w your USD forks / brembo brakes etc and fit a nice slim G n G body kit painted in the green G n G colours,,, that was a class bike back then, and still would be :Happy:,,,,,,,,,,,,, just my 2p worth

18. Purely because I am making 2 KR1000's from 1981 but two themes on the same bike, building the frames and tank myself - a Harris frame will not look right and I am making the bikes from scratch, not getting someone else to do it for me - simple as that. I am not into building a Harris special that anyone could do and I wouldn't want one :Happy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information