1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Oi Soggy, because it's a build thread and like all the other non Ducati builds it's in the Build Thread section which includes all types of bikes and lawn mowers:bucktooth:

2. Nah not buying that - i got told to shove mine in the scruffy oik section.
    And anyhoo...
    What other non Ducati builds?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. Why don't you have a look? There's even a lawn mower on page 2 :p so buy it cup cake :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You mean he’s not about to drop an 1198 lump into it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. what happened to cycleworks and his Maserati powered project? that was a proper build.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think it's because this thread has been going on for so long it pre-dates separate sections on the forum, maybe it is a "founding" thread? :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. bummer. hope he is still on the go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks like he's been doing a Ducati project, but if Sev want's to see that he will have to go to the Maserati Forum …………… he would only get annoyed with himself...………. o_O

426451.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. pity. I had a rather novel, if a lil mad suggestion to make regarding a way to keep his electrics on the bike tidy and to a minimum.

10. oh yes I remember now.
    very good.
    carry on...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Morning :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I've just read the whole thread and in in ore of your skills loving what you are doing,I work for a formula 1 team and it takes us 700 employees to make a race car so I'm well impressed
    All I've ever done is strip down a 1991 cbr 600 which had been in someone's garden for a few years and brought it back to life and that took me 4 years to do. I went through stages of can't be bothered but didn't want to be one of those guys selling an unfinished project
    So keep up the good work it will be worth all the time an effort

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Good job you're not in the pit crew!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. One bit I've been putting off for a while is the second panel for the tank, I did the top panel, but it didn't need to match up to anything so I was a bit hesitant with this one. After putting the top curve on with a steel bar as a former I came up with a way to clamp the panel using the top former I made and managed to bend it by hand to the correct shape with a few taps with the leather mallet. It's still needs a little fettling so Chad doesn't tell me off for gaps when welding - but really pleased with the results. There are however more difficult pieces to come :worried:

IMG_5951.JPG IMG_5953.JPG IMG_5958.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  15. Nearly, only about 20 panels to go (you meant the tank yea?) :eyes:

16. If you like :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Yes, don't you be getting ahead of myself :p

18. This thread pre-dates the dawn of time*. :eyes:

* DQ expected.:no_mouth:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information