1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Im watching...better get your file on them joints,as a guide it can take a couple of hours per panel to get a perfect fit

2. Aboot 3 months without the breaks :p: DQ :eyes:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. Ahem :rolleyes: see my note above... and below...

You could always get a bigger welding stick :bucktooth:

4. "It's still needs a little fettling so Chad doesn't tell me off for gaps"...………………………..:eyes:

5. a good welder could fill those gaps.
    just saying...
    :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. No comment

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Apart from that one o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. While waiting for my round nylon mallet for the next stage of the tank I hand fettled more of the front H/Lamp - Oil Cooler cum Fairing Mount. The new Banjo Connectors work well - but they come with O-Rings which have no compression stop so will have to use a gasket or three-bond instead, it would be so much easier with a lathe / miller but quite enjoy the hacking tbh...

IMG_6039.JPG IMG_6041.JPG IMG_6040.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Could you not use a dowty washer ziggy?

10. Dowty it Miss Severe - I don't have any :( unless you do (M22 thread) ………………… :eyes:

11. I'll have a look on monday for you. Give me a nudge then.:upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. Been fettling a few bits and pieces but just finished laminating a plate for the Electrics to mount under the seat.
    I used grained 1.5mm thick ABS sheeting top and bottom with a 2mm alloy sheet sandwiched between for neatness and bonded with araldite. The slight offset between the sheets is due to the tube radius.
    Holes to drill and countersink and another small step finished...……. :eyes:

IMG_6052.JPG IMG_6054.JPG IMG_6053.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  13. More small steps (but it is all in the detail so they say...……)

Received my posh fixings for the rear Leccy Platform - and finished the upper rear fairing mounts ready for welding. They bolt onto the outer Cam Cover bolts and replicate the originals nicely.

IMG_6065.JPG IMG_6063.JPG IMG_6064.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  14. They spelt your name wrong on the posh fixings:eek:. It says EXO Racing not EXI Racing; send ‘em backo_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dan, Im cont spill soo dint notis untill yo0 sad :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Battery Box roughed out ready for welding, all made from 1 piece and folded - will attack a bit more of the fuel tank soon :thinkingface:

IMG_6077.JPG IMG_6069.JPG IMG_6076.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Side mounts for the seat unit completed - and I have swaged my battery box :blush:

2 more main panels of the tank are next, then to Hull to get some welding done on parts made so far, and the first stage of the fuel tank welding which will be cool. I will also get Chad to start the exhaust which is going to be very special …………… :eyes:

IMG_6118.JPG IMG_6116.JPG

18. Bit big for a lithium battery pack.

You sure you know what you're doing?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information