1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. Is that cannon? Used to drag race in the chris Richards era ....I guess only yorkies will know

2. Today I made a jig for the RH & LH fairing mounts that fix to the Cam Cover - sometimes it takes longer to prepare than actually make a small minor part and as I was pleased with the result I took a picture to share :blush:
    Now I can go to the pub :innocent:

IMG_6162.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. This makes Brexit look like a flash in the pan!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. looks complicated... you could have just screwed a block to the floor and one to the skirting....

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Been bashing more Ali - 2 more parts of the tank jig-saw nearing completion...:eyes:

IMG_6173.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  6. After 3 months of hibernating I dragged the first 4 bits of the aluminium tank out of the garage last week and today I fettled them to prep them for welding. Hope they are good enough for Chad to weld - he's a hard task master :worried:

Just need to arrange a trip to Hull now to have the gaffer tape replaced with weld - then on with stage 2 of the tank which could well be even harder :thinkingface:

IMG_0156.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yep he'll love all that glue on the joints. :eyes:;)

8. Looking good otherwise. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Isopropanol wipes before I take it :bucktooth: my frame was gaffer taped too remember :thinkingface:

10. Otherwise :bucktooth:

11. Before? Or after?

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Maybe "during"

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shhh, I'm measuring filler cap positions :mad:

14. Mum's the word then.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. All done - just waiting for Chad to confirm he can fit me in at the weekend o_O

IMG_0159.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. It’s so long ago and I can’t be arsed to look back but what did you use as the original form for the tank? Foam?

17. Yes, see post #002 :joy: not used as a former, just a guide to the shape, just used a round bar with leather mallet and wooden formers for the tight bends, hands and feet with it laid on the carpet to do the subtle curves, pulled my back on Monday during the finessing o_O

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Wooden formers (MDF) post #735 page 37 :thinkingface:

19. Just clean the tape glue off it,i will wire brush and acetone clean it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeh, got some isopropanol wipes :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information