1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr1000 Replica Build...

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exige, May 15, 2013.

1. I’m thinking Early Z1000R Possibly Eddy Lawson Rep:innocent:

2. Close :thinkingface: yes period magnesium - but maybe 'far away' :eyes:

It's Phil Odlin's 1 off Monocoque framed Honda 4 - TT Formula 2 bike (2nd place in 1981) He recently found it and is restoring it to how it was, but it lost the fuel tank somewhere along the way - so Chad is making one from photographs...

phil-odlin-honda-1981-formula-2-tt-18076932.jpg

3. Was way off! But thinking aftermarket type:bucktooth: Was going with the KR next but different pinch bolt and slightly different disc mounting. Can we see some more pictures please:heart_eyes: Very nice indeed. Super rare

4. I didn't take a picture with the cover off :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. He would probably find making one from aluminium a better option...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Good call, I did wonder when he said :bucktooth:

7. Been improvising with formers for the next bit of the fuel tank - a bit of Land Rover plastic, some shaped MDF and a Ducati 999 fork leg - still a way off fitting but getting there, but now it is time for beer :)

IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0198.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. More hand joggling today :no_mouth:

IMG_0223.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Good joggling there. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. A bit of social distancing this afternoon - rear panel fitting better and the R/H side curved infill is now tuned and fitted after much filing... L/H is next.

IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Second picture on the right it's sticking up a bit, just needs a bash, otherwise it's looking good.
    :upyeah::eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. That gets tapped into place once the tacking starts, I left it for Creamy but you fell for it instead :yum

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Creamy wouldn't have noticed that!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. No garden waste collections here until April, still a bin full of leaves in the bin and 2 on the floor as they also stop before the leaves drop: no gardening for 2 or 3 weeks yet here :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Other side done :) and yes I need to tidy the dining table and living room too :eyes:

IMG_0291.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I know it’s another one of those posts that distracts from your focal point/ cake making efforts, but why has that lady got such a grubby face and why does she look so anxious

Here we go....

17. Where you gone... :thinkingface:

Cause she's a Martini Girl of course :bucktooth:

IMG_0292.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information